Navigation not working on my 2021 Ram 1500

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

LOWRIDER57

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Every time I try to use navigation message comes up,, unknown error do I want to try using system off line. What gives anything I can fix or do I take it to dealer? Any ideas?

CanRebel

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
Every time I try to use navigation message comes up,, unknown error do I want to try using system off line. What gives anything I can fix or do I take it to dealer? Any ideas?

Did it ever work? did you purchase it new or used?
Any mods ? Did the UConnect (S/XM Guardian or whatever they called it) expire? That is common reason you would get that.

21 like my Rebel. When sub expired, live updates no longer worked, and the Nav was "off-line"

If I recall correctly, there is setting to default to offline, then you wouldn't get that message, if that is the problem.

OP
OP
L

LOWRIDER57

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Yes always worked and I bought truck last yr used. Don’t know about any S/SM Guardian. Never knew anything about that.

goopengineer

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
The 5.7 HEMI
Five Drive UConnect a call to fix your navigation remotely. I am not sure if I can post their phone number here, so just google "call uconnect customer service" and their toll free number will pop up. Please let me know if this fixed it for you.

CanRebel

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
Yes always worked and I bought truck last yr used. Don’t know about any S/SM Guardian. Never knew anything about that.

If I'm correct. I'd guess person before you paid for it, you bought the truck, it expired.

since you didn't sign up for it, you likely aren't getting emails.

if you want service back. Go to

I think it's waste of money. I just plug in my iPhone run Google maps, it's free.

OP
OP
L

LOWRIDER57

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
goopenginer they sent a reset twice but still doesn’t work I also called Sirius and they said I have travel in my subscription and it should work but as I said still won’t connect

AllesRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
My 2021 1500 Longhorn had the same issue.
I called SiriusXM. 800 689 6881 They did a remote reset and the navigation is working again.
In my case my SiriusXM Travel Link / Traffic Plus subscription was active. According to the XM rep the Ram Uconnect navigation needs internet connectivity to work. SiriusXM Travel Link / Traffic Plus provides that connectivity.
There may be other ways to connect the navigation to the internet that I don't know about.
Back story - Before this, I took it to the dealer and they replaced the radio under warranty with no improvement. On the second visit, they tried to sell me an $150.00 update. When I asked why a new radio would need an update, they backtracked and said they would call Ram engineering and get back to me. So far no response. My service department appears to be as clueless as I was about this issue.
I hope this helps someone.