Need help with 2011 Ram electrical short in drivetrain system

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cameroncbs

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Got a 2011 Ram sport 5.7 4x4. Bought truck without engine and installed engine. Took me days to chase down electrical problem causing truck not to start. So to make long story short, if I unhook both connectors on the transfer case control module the truck starts and everything works except the 4x4 system obviously. If I hook the module back up it disables the entire truck basically. The ignition doesn't even recognize key, won't turn on, no power to anything. My question is how do I know if the module is bad or is something that the module operates is shorted out?

Brandon-w

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Ram 1500
Engine
Does it turn on the ignition the Cycle but not start? Windshield wiprers or anything else weird start?

OP
OP
C

cameroncbs

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
No. If module is hooked up nothing works except dome lights. It kills the ignition system completely. Unhook module and all works as it should

Brandon-w

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Ram 1500
Engine
I'd say it's a shorted module. I've seen it with my testing if I cross wires by accident it'll do allll sorts of weird junk. Wipers, lights go wonky says truck is in gear key won't do anything. Could try to get a junk yard unit and try it.