netflix and youtube

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Alex Hinojosa

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have a 2018 single can R/T that I bought new. Came with the 8.4 touch screen. About 3 months ago a bubble showed up on the screen. Took it to the dealer and said they would replace it. A month later the part arrived and got installed. No bubble but now the factory cd player lags when changing songs and the biggest issue I have is when watching netflix or youtube orand other streaming service that the movent of the mouths on the phone do not match the sound coming from the truck speakers. Took it back and the ordered a 2nd radio but after another month when it got installed its doing the same thing. I got a diffrent phone and also does it with it. Both Samsung and Apple phones. Any advice?

tron67j

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
For the mismatch of video and audio, that may just be coincidental. I have seen that happen when recording items and the software use doesn't match up the soundtrack with the video. Digital copies of things have all kinds of security coding and a bad converter will not match everything up. That same security software looks at what is playing your video so it could be that a software update for the radio has some glitch in it.

chri5k

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Diesel
So you are watching Netflix or Youtube on the phone and using the radio for audio only? Or using something to mirror the video also? How are you connecting the phone to the radio? USB cable, Blutooth?

Anonymous007

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
If you watch video on phone but have the sound via bluetooth to the car soeakers there will always be a lag, no matter what phone you use

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jessica Smith

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
If you watch video on phone but have the sound via bluetooth to the car soeakers there will always be a lag, no matter what phone you use
Just for clarification though, that may be with the bluetooth on the factory HUs, but isn't inherent to bluetooth obviously since I, and many others, have bluetooth speakerbars and headphones and a bluetooth to mini-stereo adapter for car use and so forth and all are completely lag free.

Anonymous007

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Just for clarification though, that may be with the bluetooth on the factory HUs, but isn't inherent to bluetooth obviously since I, and many others, have bluetooth speakerbars and headphones and a bluetooth to mini-stereo adapter for car use and so forth and all are completely lag free.

Idk if thats aftermarket or what, but every car ive tried to do this theres always been a lag

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jessica Smith

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Idk if thats aftermarket or what, but every car ive tried to do this theres always been a lag
I'll let the pros chime in for why, but I was just told that as long as both devices say BT 5.0 that there shouldn't be issues and that's always worked for me. I haven't used built in BT for factory headsets for anything other than phone calls though.

OP
OP
A

Alex Hinojosa

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Thank you all for taking the time to reply. I keep hearing that this is a normal issue. All I can say is that when I had the original radio I had no issues with the factory cd player lagging and netflix was on point. Now picture this you are watching a show and there is a guy and a girl having a conversation. You see the guys mouth moving on the phone but hear the girl talking coming from the truck speakers. Its nota second or two its a whole conversation off. If I connect my phone with an aux cable its fine.

diymirage

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
i installed newpipe on mine, same content as youpuke, but none of the adds

RamDiver

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7