New owner, trying to find a squeal/chirp

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Btucker805

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
So I just bought a 17 big horn v6, I definitely like it a lot but I’ve never had a ram before Came from a 06 gmc 2500 and a 95 chevy k1500 before that, both with high miles and rough shape. This is the first ‘nice’ truck I’ve ever had, 69k miles. It’s not a daily driver but I do tow a boat(~1800lbs) a few times a year and go on camping and kayak trips. Been reading through these forums and it seems like a chirp when going over bumps is a pretty common thing. I’m no mechanic but I can change parts pretty well. Truck is stock as far as I can tell, only thing I’ve done is add an over cab ladder rack. When I really bounce it on either side I’m not hearing the chirp so that makes me think it’s rotational? I’m wondering if it’s worth it to take off the wheels and regrease the brakes, check the dust shields, have a look at the rotors, etc.. or… if it isnt that annoying so should I forget about it unless it gets worse?