New Warlock for This Ram Guy!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CanuckRam1313

Reaction score
Ram Year
2023 Warlock SLT
Engine
I've mentioned my brand new 23' (December 2023 build) Warlock SLT a few times recently in some threads, but I was also rolling on the winters taken off my previous 19' and couldn't dare post up pics solely with those shoes on...lol. She's now on her summer LT295/65R20's.

My 19' was purchased brand new and was my very first truck in my 30+ years of driving and 25+ vehicles within that timeline, too.

She was a great truck! I loved the Hydro Pearl Blue paint and the 5-years and call it, 170,000Km's she gave me trouble free (okay...UConnect and stock manifold garbage aside.. but that's what we know we're getting into with these trucks..right!).

My daughter claimed her as "Big Blue", and I was just her chauffer. lol. However, it was getting to the point where I needed new factory warranty, and just a new ride altogether. I am a project manager and my truck is my rolling office and highway home!

So, in comes my new 23' Warlock SLT in Harvest Sunrise. Affectionally dubbed "Big Pumpkin" by my Angel!

I had all my upgrades transferred over from my 19' (security, GPS tracking, immobilizer, audio, and cameras) to my new 23' and it was a seamless transition.

I did however gain an additional 3-speakers in the mix with my 23' as my audio installer did some amazing wizardry and left the two roof and single center dash speakers in place with the stock Alpine speakers and amp and tuned/timed it all to audio perfection to integrate seamlessly with my Kenwood head unit, Focal doors and dash speakers, two Kenwood amps, and my db Drive Neo 5-farad digital capacitor. The sound now is even better than what it was in my 19'!

I already have a new exhaust system installed with a custom y-pipe, complete Magnaflow cat back system (c/w 14" Magnaflow muffler), and 5" custom tips. All welded in place and aligned to perfection.

XPel prime XR cermic window tint with 20% on all doors and back glass, and 70% on the front windshield. Plus XPel PPS on the headlights, fog lights, A-pillars, and leading roof edge to about 8" back on the roof.

I took out the OEM upgraded lower airbox intake system from my 19' and put it in my 23'.
I took out the FastMan upgraded TB from my 19' and put it in my 23'.

New AVS front hood guard, WeatherTech In-Channel side window vent visors, and Husky X-Act Contour front & rear mats.

I also started her on her new regimen of RP 20-820 oil filters and high end synthetic oil with a new factory oil change out at 3,500Km's. Okay, I mixed a jug of RL HP 5W30 and HPL SC 0W30... but...meh... what ya gonna do... I needed to use up my last jug of the RL oil... now 12 x RP 20-820 oil filters and 16-gallons of HPL to go.... lol.

Next up is to de-badge her and ceramic 9H sealing all around!

I couldn't be happier with my new Ram! It's a big step up from my 19' Express, but the entire ownership experience overall has been stellar.

So very happy to be here with you ALL, to learn and contribute!
This is one of very few places that like minded individuals can still roam and be free!

So, the next chapter in my Ram ownership experience has begun!

Attachments

• 1000006875.jpg
    1000006875.jpg
    167.5 KB · Views: 53
  • 1000006901.jpg
    1000006901.jpg
    307.5 KB · Views: 52
  • 1000006913.jpg
    1000006913.jpg
    160.5 KB · Views: 56
  • 1000006914.jpg
    1000006914.jpg
    149.8 KB · Views: 50
  • 1000006915.jpg
    1000006915.jpg
    141.6 KB · Views: 49
Last edited:
OP
OP
C

CanuckRam1313

Reaction score
Ram Year
2023 Warlock SLT
Engine
Thanks to All for the kudos!
It's a fantastic truck, and I just rolled 5,100Km's today on a 500KM round trip to a job site, and it's not even 8-weeks old yet...lol.

I also had the Dealership install all new 5100's all around with the stock springs and the fronts set to 2.1" raised, and an alignment.

I reused the black Gorilla lug nuts from my 19' as well.
It still perplexes me why the factory puts chrome capped lug nuts on vehicles with black rims.
To me it looks really out of place and takes away from the overall look.

Last edited:

Jeepwalker

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 Reg Cab, 4x4
Engine
5.7 Hemi
You're getting it dialed in. Did you get it ceramic coated yet?

What about rust-proofing? Just in case you decide to keep one longer? Only reason I always bring that up (for our norther truck friends), is I literally drive by a rusty 4th gen every day. A daily reminder what the elements do.

Tell us more about the stereo?

OP
OP
C

CanuckRam1313

Reaction score
Ram Year
2023 Warlock SLT
Engine
You're getting it dialed in. Did you get it ceramic coated yet?

What about rust-proofing? Just in case you decide to keep one longer? Only reason I always bring that up (for our norther truck friends), is I literally drive by a rusty 4th gen every day. A daily reminder what the elements do.

Tell us more about the stereo?
Factory undercoating is on because I like it all black under there.
I go in two weeks for the start of its annual Krown application.

I agree on the rusting of things, too!

Ceramic coating going on after its all been sprayed up.

2100W of Kenwood amps (split between 2 amps)
5-farad db digital capacitor
2 x Audiomobile EVO2410 subs @ 2 ohm, in custom boxes & filled with poly-fill and installed under the back seat (no seat raise mods require) - These subs are insanely good!
Kenwood DMX957XR head unit
iDatalink Maestro interface module
Focal 2-way 6x9's in the front doors and front dash tweeters
Focal 3-way 6x9's in the rear doors
Factory Alpine center channel dash speaker and two roof speakers balanced in with the factory Alpine amp to act as surround
Everything professional tuned, phased & timed to audio perfection
Heavy gauge wiring for the power requirements, and fused
Several custom made heavy gauge grounds installed throughout the entire truck
Odyssey H8 AGM battery

**Edit - I also have all the doors lined heavily with BuzzMat soundproofing material.
At any level, even with heavy bass, not a single rattle in my truck anywhere.
It also really helps to enhance the sound quality inside the truck, too.

Last edited:

Jeepwalker

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 Reg Cab, 4x4
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Man, that sounds like a nice sound system! Thought out. That's going to make driving it that much more fun!

Nice ride you have there!!! :cheers:

OP
OP
C

CanuckRam1313

Reaction score
Ram Year
2023 Warlock SLT
Engine
Man, that sounds like a nice sound system! Thought out. That's going to make driving it that much more fun!

Nice ride you have there!!! :cheers:
Appreciated, Brother!
The sound detail is phenomenal.

At it's highest volume there is no distortion whatsoever. However that volume is waayyyy to much for me.

I cruise between 18 and 21 on the volume. I turn it to 25 on some really great tunes, and 28 to 30 when ya just need to really rock a great tune! (even then, it's got to go down pretty quickly as I can only handle so much volume and bass).

I practically live in my truck for my career.
I'm call it 3-months of ownership on this new truck and just about to turn 11,000Km's.

t-w-i-a

Reaction score
I love that color. Can you even get it new anymore? I’m not going to be looking for a new truck until later in the year but I’m hoping they have something other than a TRX available in it

BuschLatte420

chill water by day, drink beer by night
Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 classic tradesmen crew cab 6’4 box
Engine
5.7L NON E-TORQUE 3.92 gears 4x4
Factory undercoating is on because I like it all black under there.
I go in two weeks for the start of its annual Krown application.

I agree on the rusting of things, too!

Ceramic coating going on after its all been sprayed up.

2100W of Kenwood amps (split between 2 amps)
5-farad db digital capacitor
2 x Audiomobile EVO2410 subs @ 2 ohm, in custom boxes & filled with poly-fill and installed under the back seat (no seat raise mods require) - These subs are insanely good!
Kenwood DMX957XR head unit
iDatalink Maestro interface module
Focal 2-way 6x9's in the front doors and front dash tweeters
Focal 3-way 6x9's in the rear doors
Factory Alpine center channel dash speaker and two roof speakers balanced in with the factory Alpine amp to act as surround
Everything professional tuned, phased & timed to audio perfection
Heavy gauge wiring for the power requirements, and fused
Several custom made heavy gauge grounds installed throughout the entire truck
Odyssey H8 AGM battery

**Edit - I also have all the doors lined heavily with BuzzMat soundproofing material.
At any level, even with heavy bass, not a single rattle in my truck anywhere.
It also really helps to enhance the sound quality inside the truck, too.
Would love to see a picture of the woofers & headunit. Did you not have the 8.4 U connect?

OP
OP
C

CanuckRam1313

Reaction score
Ram Year
2023 Warlock SLT
Engine
Would love to see a picture of the woofers & head unit. Did you not have the 8.4 U connect?
I did indeed.
It came with the NAV version and the 9-speaker Alpine system.
The stock system wasn't even the truck a week before it was taken out and all my new equipment put in.
I'll get some pics for you.

OP
OP
C

CanuckRam1313

Reaction score
Ram Year
2023 Warlock SLT
Engine
Nice color. I didn't know you could still get the classic body style. Looks great.
I firstly signed the papers for another Classic just like my 19' in this colour - sport blacked out with colour matching front and rear bumpers.

Then I went on the dealerships website and saw this one... it was love at first site...lol
I called my sales guy and asked to switch it out, and he said no problem.

I really like the 4th Gen style, and looking forward to another great ownership experience with my Ram.

My only gripe with the Warlock is the low beam light output... like a pair of candlesticks..lol
I have already purchased two sets of Fahren HB3/9005 LED's and just waiting for some time to put them in.

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zwingsterboss