No Heat in my 2017 2500 diesel

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Robert 2017 2500

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Ever since I deleted my truck. I just disconnected the egr and remove the plunger. No delete kit. I have no heat. It gets hot 190. Radiator hoses get hot. I will check the heater hoses next. I will check the blend door actuator too. Do any of you think I did something under the hood. Thank you in advance. Also I heard you can zero out the egr. I have raceme tuner. Can I use that, if so how can do that with it or is there something else. I wanted the EGR deleted because its the main reason this will have premature engine failure earlier than expected.

nlambert182

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
Doubtful... these trucks are notorious for the heater core clogging from casting sand. I have flushed mine twice and it worked for a while before slowly tapering off again. I am scheduled to have it replaced in a few weeks.

An EGR delete will not cause your heater to stop working. It is also not the main reason that there is premature failure. Most failures on the emission systems on most diesels is the DPF, the DEF injector, or DEF pump. The coolers "can" crack but it's not that common on the 6.7.

I also have the RACEME. No need to zero out anything. If you're deleted, take it off and install the blockoff plates, or simply unplug everything and leave it in place. There's no benefit to zeroing anything out. The tuner simply tells the ECM that everything is still there and functioning properly.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Meteleskum