no power to 7 pin

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Kodiaknj

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L V8
2021 ram 1500 classic 5.7l .. So im at a loss... All my fuses are good but the only power im getting to my 7 pin is on the "+" blade, none of the others have volts. I plug my camper in and no lights such as trailer tail lights, trailer running lights and trailer turn signals work despite the fuses being fine. All lights on my truck work as they should. RV dealer connected camper to TowDoctor and all the lights came on like they should but, wont when plugged into my truck. I installed an oem trailer brake and flashed it with AlfaOBD and it works great despite the lights not working on camper. Any insight would help as i have no idea what else there is to do. I swapped out 7 pin connector for another and still didn't work. They both have electrical grease and didn't see any corrosion on the connections. What else should i try..

Jim BB

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Ram 1500 classic Express
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
So when you turn on lets say your turn signals or parking lights and check truck side 7way plug with test light you have NO power the test light does not flash with signal or light up with parking lights on correct!??

OP
OP
K

Kodiaknj

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L V8
so when i turn my lights on truck side and test it with a light meter, only my "+" blade on 7 pin lights up. My trailer brake still works though through 7 pin to the camper wire. camper is all good, had it tested at the dealership so its my truck. no lights at all on camper when my lights on truck are on

Tulecreeper

Military
Reaction score
AZ - 83 Miles SW of the Geographical Center
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
OK, in your first post you said the only pin that was providing power was your 12v + pin. Then in your above post (post #3) you're saying you are still getting power to your trailer brakes. It's apparent that you are getting power to the plug for at east a couple of your wires. You may have some continuity tracing to do.