No power

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jrob59

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I have a 1997 ram 5.9 360… some time ago I was having trouble pulling my boat especially out of the water.. I could only pull it with 4 wheel drive.. it has new transmission, new radiator with new lines, new exhaust , new plugs and Wires and new rotor and distributor new filter and all the fluids seem up to par.. it got a computer scan at a repair shop with no issues discovered.. I am at a loss of where to go from here .. couple things I have not figured out is the overdrive cancel switch does not work and it gets terrible gas mileage.. motor runs smooth with no misses and seems to pull fine on straight stretches … thanks

Atcer2018

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I have a 1997 ram 5.9 360… some time ago I was having trouble pulling my boat especially out of the water.. I could only pull it with 4 wheel drive.. it has new transmission, new radiator with new lines, new exhaust , new plugs and Wires and new rotor and distributor new filter and all the fluids seem up to par.. it got a computer scan at a repair shop with no issues discovered.. I am at a loss of where to go from here .. couple things I have not figured out is the overdrive cancel switch does not work and it gets terrible gas mileage.. motor runs smooth with no misses and seems to pull fine on straight stretches … thanks

Does the new transmission have a warranty? Motor is smooth but gets poor gas mileage, overdrive switch not working and it can’t pull? I’d suspect the transmission as it’s the new unknown in the equation.

Scottly

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HO 6.7 Cummins
I'll thro my hat into this ring...Torque Converter. If it'll pull it up the ramp only with 4d, kinda says you have no power, then mash it and power comes on, only to have wheels slip while in 2wd. That just screams torque converter to me.