OIL CATCH CAN IS FULL

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dieseldave

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
IN THREE MONTHS/ 3400 miles, my catch can was almost full. I understand that the cold Wisconsin weather can contribute to more fluid accumulation, but I wasn’t expecting that. Would there be any negative effect to the hemi if the catch can would not have been emptied?

MADDOG

Out Exploring Arizona
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
It could possibly start flowing back into the intake which defeats the purpose of having a catch can in the first place.

Generally, I'd find mine full at around 3K to 4K miles so I set my catch can maintenance schedule accordingly.

OP
OP
dieseldave

dieseldave

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
It could possibly start flowing back into the intake which defeats the purpose of having a catch can in the first place.

Generally, I'd find mine full at around 3K to 4K miles so I set my catch can maintenance schedule accordingly.
That’s what I thought. Boy I was sure surprised to see all that gunky fluid in the can . I am glad it did not go back into the engine.

crazykid1994

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I dump mine every 2000 miles. It’s almost always half full. Lately I only get around 5-6000 miles a year though… guess that’s a good thing though.

MontanaHandyman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I have a Moroso with the ball valve drain. Takes about 30 seconds once a month.