Our New Jeep Grand Cherokee 4xe

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Loudram

Just a sinner saved by grace
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
We traded in our '21 Pacifica hybrid for a '24 Grand Cherokee 4xe. I didn't necessarily want another hybrid but the incentives on it compared to a regular Grand Cherokee were really good. $15k compared to only a few thousand. It really rides nice and it's surprisingly quick for a 4 cylinder. I was impressed.

The Pacifica wasn't working for us with our special needs son. It was too big and the captains chairs were too far apart for the aid to reach my son without taking off her seatbelt and sitting on the edge of her seat. It was very unsafe. We thought giving our son extra room would be better but it wasn't. And honestly my wife really didn't want to drive a minivan. The Ford Edge we had before that was to small. This Jeep hits the sweet spot for size.

The pictures aren't of the one we actually bought but it's identical in every way. I just haven't gotten around to take any pictures of it. The first mod will be to have the front windows tinted.

The color is called Midnight Sky which is a very dark blue. We bought it from same dealership and salesman I bought my truck from. They treated me right and they got my repeat business.

IMG_20240501_144549.jpgIMG_20240501_144555.jpgIMG_20240501_144547.jpgIMG_20240501_144541.jpgIMG_20240501_144543.jpgIMG_20240501_144536.jpg

Last edited:

turkeybird56

Military Vet 1976-1996 Retired US Army
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Bighorn, 4 X 4, 3.21 rear, Bright Flame Red Pearl Coat, Mopar tonneau cover,Westin Bed rug
Engine
Hemi 5.7
We traded in our '21 Pacifica hybrid for a '24 Grand Cherokee 4xe. I didn't necessarily want another hybrid but the incentives on it compared to a regular Grand Cherokee were really good. $15k compared to only a few thousand. It really rides nice and it's surprisingly quick for a 4 cylinder. I was impressed.

The Pacifica wasn't working for us with our special needs son. It was too big and the captains chairs were too far apart for the aid to reach my son without taking off her seatbelt and sitting on the edge of her seat. It was very unsafe. We thought giving our son extra room would be better but it wasn't. And honestly my wife really didn't want to drive a minivan. The Ford Edge we had before that was to small. This Jeep hits the sweet spot for size.

The pictures aren't of the one we actually bought but it's identical in every way. I just haven't gotten around to take any pictures of it. The first mod will be to have the front door windows tinted.

The color is called Midnight Sky which is a very dark blue. We bought it from same dealership and salesman I bought my truck from. They treated me right and they got my repeat business.

View attachment 542317View attachment 542318View attachment 542319View attachment 542320View attachment 542321View attachment 542322
I was thinking U may have went to Pine Belt Chevy, but see U went to Hawking for your new ride. My best friend had a home down there till he moved up to Farmingdale to work in his Father's Bizness.

ADDED: With the salt and junk on the roads in winter, though South Jersey may not get much, I sure would have undercarriage done or Fluid Film or Krown, but that is just me.

Treburkulosis

Your High End Detailer
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 Lonestar Edition converted over to a Sport
Engine
5.7 Hemi
They are nice. We got the 21 L Limited 4x4 when it first came out. Its been a great vehicle minus the Uconnect. Wife has 26k on it now.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2024-05-04 at 6.49.00 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2024-05-04 at 6.49.00 AM.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 6

Treburkulosis

Your High End Detailer
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I would put a piece of PPF on that touch screen. They get finger hot spots. I have Undrdog Pro + on the paint and then I coated the interior leather and hard plastics with Undrdog Pro. It sure makes cleaning it a breeze. Y'all will like it. Im just glad the start stop can be turned off and I would also suggest running it in sport mode. They are very nice inside and its held up well with boys. There is an active recall on it for something with the front suspension. I am on the wait list for the part. Oil wise ours likes PUP and a puralator boss filter. They suffer from dry start and it will drive you nuts. That has stopped it in ours.

OP
OP
Loudram

Loudram

Just a sinner saved by grace
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I would put a piece of PPF on that touch screen. They get finger hot spots. I have Undrdog Pro + on the paint and then I coated the interior leather and hard plastics with Undrdog Pro. It sure makes cleaning it a breeze. Y'all will like it. Im just glad the start stop can be turned off and I would also suggest running it in sport mode. They are very nice inside and its held up well with boys. There is an active recall on it for something with the front suspension. I am on the wait list for the part. Oil wise ours likes PUP and a puralator boss filter. They suffer from dry start and it will drive you nuts. That has stopped it in ours.
I already put a screen protector on it like I did with my truck. They are worth the money.

Fatbob Frank

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4L
I've been driving my wife's 4XE to work for a year and a half since her early retirement...
I like that the combined HP and torque makes it move out pretty quick for such a heavy SUV...
Plus-I can drive to work all week long for the same fuel that my PW uses in a single day...

AlexC2350

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
The GC are so sharp! Nice Ride! I prefer the GC over the looks of the GCL. We just traded our 21 GCL in for a 24 Wrangler *****’s with the Extreme Recon package. The GC was a great rig, my wife and myself wanted something different and we found no need for the 3rd row. So fall the wrangler meets all our needs, and has a bit more fun factor. The main thing I miss is the GC was so close to paid off. lol

Attachments

• IMG_3060.jpeg
    IMG_3060.jpeg
    172.7 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_0418.jpeg
    IMG_0418.jpeg
    213.6 KB · Views: 9

andymax

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Impressive mpg! Curious...can you describe the daily commute? All stop and go, or mix, etc?

Fatbob Frank

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4L
Impressive mpg! Curious...can you describe the daily commute? All stop and go, or mix, etc?
22 miles 1 way.
A 2 mile climb out of the valley I live in, followed by 18 miles of rolling rural highway, then 2 miles of back streets to the plant.
I usually pull in with 5 miles left on the battery indicator which gets me back out of town and on the way home before it's gone and it switches to gas.
Of course, during the winter months when the climate's on max heat there's barely enough juice to get me to work.
And if it's below 20f out the hybrid system isn't as efficient cause the gas motor never shuts off.
So only about 30mpgs during winter but that still ain't terrible...

Treburkulosis

Your High End Detailer
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
The GC are so sharp! Nice Ride! I prefer the GC over the looks of the GCL. We just traded our 21 GCL in for a 24 Wrangler *****’s with the Extreme Recon package. The GC was a great rig, my wife and myself wanted something different and we found no need for the 3rd row. So fall the wrangler meets all our needs, and has a bit more fun factor. The main thing I miss is the GC was so close to paid off. lol
If we didn't need the third row, I would prefer the GC over the L as well. How much luggage room does it have? The L sucks...

Fatbob Frank

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4L
If we didn't need the third row, I would prefer the GC over the L as well. How much luggage room does it have? The L sucks...
Our new GC has slightly more storage space than her 2018 GC Trailhawk did...
FWIW- my bro-in law bought the L just before we got ours.
They get 20mpg but wanted the 3rd row.

Treburkulosis

Your High End Detailer
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Our new GC has slightly more storage space than her 2018 GC Trailhawk did...
FWIW- my bro-in law bought the L just before we got ours.
They get 20mpg but wanted the 3rd row.
The best I have ever gotten in ours was 21. I bet her city driving is 15-16 if I hand calculated it. They are super nice, but man for a V6 the gas milage just isn't there. Her previous 19 Pacifica got 19-20 city and close to 30 on the hwy.

AlexC2350

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
We had the L too and really didn’t need it. If you have that third row up, there is very storage space.

I stuffed some bigger copper at3 AT tires on the L that kept the mpg to 19 or so. Looked so much better and worth it.

Treburkulosis

Your High End Detailer
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
We had the L too and really didn’t need it. If you have that third row up, there is very storage space.

I stuffed some bigger copper at3 AT tires on the L that kept the mpg to 19 or so. Looked so much better and worth it.
It IMO was not very well thought out. You have to have a roof rack to go anywhere. I got a Flex and it has double the storage and more room. I need to replace her tires in the next 10-15k. Stockers are still holding on nicely at 26k.

AlexC2350

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
If we really needed that 3rd row I’d have to go with a mini van. We had a sienna for a bit and it was awesome, she didn’t like it. I like the option for third row in a mid size suv but it’s just not great. The Highlander we got after the van was the same way as the GCL. The driving experience between Toyotas and Chrysler is night and day better with Chrysler. At the end of the day we loved our 15 GC we had before all the other ones.