Passenger side front sway bar U plate snapped

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

chri5k

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Diesel
Just go to HomeDepot and look in the plumbing department. Apparently that is what Prothane does.

DA Smith

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I don't think I've ever seen any brackets like those that are supposed to hold anything that will have stress on them. They look like they are made from radiator hose clamp material not what I would expect to do what they will be doing. If the new ones you have ordered for this look like those I believe I'd get a couple dozen and keep 3 or 4 in the glove box with a wrench for quick changes on the side of the road!

Hardracer

Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 1500 laramie 4x4 crew cab
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Well dam like Wild One said..quit being lazy and take it off...isn't like your truck is a racer,or leave it on and wait for the other side to break then take it off....how bout you suck it up for a couple weeks and drive like a normal person and not worry about it.
My Initial thought was that looks just like the strap the ac guys hung my handler from in the garage couple days ago..thats around 100pds at most...they used 6.....what's that tell ya about yours?
Also...what's that dent I see in the bar to the right of that bushing?what did you hit?

Last edited:

04fxdwgi

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 1500 Sport
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I agree with @Hardracer on the dent. That may be the cause of the busted bracket.

Can get those brackets (2 hole conduit strap) in the electrical supply section of the hardware / home improvement stores for like $1.00

Hardracer

Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 1500 laramie 4x4 crew cab
Engine
Hemi 5.7
What is going on with the dents in the bar?...looks like there's one on the other side...
Doesn't look like the bar is straight in the middle...is it supposed to be that way?...dammit,now I gotta go look at mine
Edit:....I looked at mine.it is straight..might be the angle of his pic....the dents might be the bar protruding forward.angle of pics again

GTyankee

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 ecodiesel
I was curious about the damaged brackets.
A company called RoadMaster uses brackets like that