Power Wagons ... Post em up!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Gamedog

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 PW
Engine
392 c.i.
2020 Tradesman with the Power Wagon package. Not sure if this qualifies for me to join the club...

It replaced the Chevy 2500 work truck that I've been in for the past 16 years. I was searching for a white 2500 Tradesman with 6.4 and a few specific upgrades. Liked the way this one looked and the price seemed reasonable for what I had been looking at. Didn't realize it had the Power Wagon package until I got to the dealership to check it out. I hadn't looked at Power Wagons and thought the winch was just part of an off road package.. I absolutely love this truck! So far all I've done is tint the front windows and LineX the bed. I have some auxiliary reverse lights sitting on the bench waiting to be installed and I'm looking at options for larger tires. I've done some light towing and engaged the lockers at a job site but nothing serious yet. I don't plan on doing any rock bouncing but she will get an off road workout about once a month. We have some property in the mountains with a long steep rutted out drive that gets nasty with a little bit of moisture. Looking forward to hopefully being able to make it up in the snow with a load and not have to mess around with chains.. We'll see.

View attachment 226395

Hell yeah that qualifies you!

Nice truck man!

olyelr

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
2020 Tradesman with the Power Wagon package. Not sure if this qualifies for me to join the club...

It replaced the Chevy 2500 work truck that I've been in for the past 16 years. I was searching for a white 2500 Tradesman with 6.4 and a few specific upgrades. Liked the way this one looked and the price seemed reasonable for what I had been looking at. Didn't realize it had the Power Wagon package until I got to the dealership to check it out. I hadn't looked at Power Wagons and thought the winch was just part of an off road package.. I absolutely love this truck! So far all I've done is tint the front windows and LineX the bed. I have some auxiliary reverse lights sitting on the bench waiting to be installed and I'm looking at options for larger tires. I've done some light towing and engaged the lockers at a job site but nothing serious yet. I don't plan on doing any rock bouncing but she will get an off road workout about once a month. We have some property in the mountains with a long steep rutted out drive that gets nasty with a little bit of moisture. Looking forward to hopefully being able to make it up in the snow with a load and not have to mess around with chains.. We'll see.

View attachment 226395

You sir, are qualified! Its crazy you ended up with a wagon and didnt even know it. Im guessing you didnt even know what one was? And im surprised the price was decent to what you were comparing to other trucks, because I would think most tradesmans with the pw package would be $5-7000 more than one without the package.

Nice pickup, you should really enjoy it!

JHD1827

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I used CarGurus and dealer sites within the state for my search. CarGurus currently shows 10 Tradesmans with the following filters: 2020, gas, white, crew cab, short bed, within 100 miles. Dealer prices including all possible rebates from $45 - $49 Highest MSRP $50,480. None of these currently shown include a PW package. I got mine for $49,999. The build sheet list quite a few additional upgrades but I think the only other notable things I have are the Level 2 Equipment Group and the 8" display. I just tried to build one on the Ram site as close to mine as I could and it came out at $51,580 so I certainly didn't get any kind of amazing deal. When I say "priced reasonably" compared to what I was looking at I guess I think I meant I could justify spending at the high end of my search because I fell in love with this one the moment I saw it. I spent so much time searching and they all looked exactly the same. The wheels, grill, and trim sold me on this one. The PW package was icing on the cake!

Sorry for muddying up the picture thread with a bunch of words! I should be able to provide some pics of the PW in the wild after this weekend.

Fatbob Frank

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4L
Any idea when the 75th anniversary editions will be available?
I'm thinking I might trade my Laramie for one.
This time I'm springing for the spray in bedliner and undercoating cause it will be a keeper...

IRSmart

I drink and I know things
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 Power Wagon
Engine
6.4L Hemi
Yep. 37” Wildpeak AT3W’s. No. :Big Laugh:
I bet you have some on your sway bar and radius arm you don’t even know about. I have stock wheels and 1” spacers and mine barely touch. Have you flexed them out to see if they touch anything, or is it that they don’t run lock to lock at normal ride height?

olyelr

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I bet you have some on your sway bar and radius arm you don’t even know about. I have stock wheels and 1” spacers and mine barely touch. Have you flexed them out to see if they touch anything, or is it that they don’t run lock to lock at normal ride height?

Mine are 35’s with stock wheels and no spacers. I think they tap the sway bar and radius arms by just a ****** hair once in a while, but not much.

Maligator

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hem 5.7
I didn't have any rub during normal driving or even very mild offroad trails but once you started flexing that big girl out something will rub. Mine ended up catching the liner on my dside fender and i didn't realize it till i got home and with wind and hwy speeds it "trimmed" its self. That screw in the pic had the liner ripped away from it. This was post fix and trimming off some extra. [emoji1787][emoji1787]2ca7bda27cd066be65446d614fd34227.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Gamedog

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 PW
Engine
392 c.i.
All you boys running 37's on your trucks are making me want to go with 37's in lieu of 35's like I originally planned to haha.

These PW's look proper on 37's!

Fitzreefer

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 Power Wagon
Engine
Hemi 5.7 L
All you boys running 37's on your trucks are making me want to go with 37's in lieu of 35's like I originally planned to haha.

These PW's look proper on 37's!
They also clear trail obstactles just a wee bit better.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

retired

Votes republican and identifies as a he/him
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Yep. 37” Wildpeak AT3W’s. No. :Big Laugh:
what is the actual height measurement when parked on flat ground? not the manufacturers spec but the actual on the rig height? thanks.

olyelr

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
what is the actual height measurement when parked on flat ground? not the manufacturers spec but the actual on the rig height? thanks.

No idea. Its not my truck/tires.

But sooo much of it depends on the air pressure he is running. At street pressure, I would guess somewhere around 35.5” or so. Off roading with only 18 psi, probably A LOT less.