Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SitKneelBend

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
Are any 3.6L Ram owners running the PPE transmission pan on their 845RE transmission? When I look up the information on their site it states it will not fit a 2014 Ram 1500 3.6L but I can't see why that would be the case when it's listed as fitting 845RE/850RE or 8HP70/8HP75 Transmissions. My understanding is it should fit my truck easily in either of these configuration (the pan is completely unobstructed on the 3.6L, no exhaust or support brackets in the way):

I'm leaning towards the heavy duty not because of how I use my truck but because it holds even more fluid and appears to have a greater surface area for cooling with the deeper fins on the pan (most importantly it's cheaper for some reason). Anyone have any thoughts on why this wouldn't fit before I take the plunge? I'm in the middle of servicing all fluids on my truck and figured this would be a great upgrade.

EDIT: Answering my own question by looking outside of the V6 Performance thread...placing info here for anyone that comes along with the same question.

Last edited: