Procedure to reset TPMS sensor ?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

duckman631

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 Big Horn Crew Cab
Engine
Hemi 5.7 K&N Cold Air Intake.
Hello fellow members.

I recently purchases a pre-owned 2011 RAM 1500. Since I bought the truck, it had a front/left TPMS sensor error. There was no reading on the front left tire.

I bought a new sensor (online, as I thought 174$ the dealership quoted me was insane).

I had the new sensor installed, but the TPMS error is still active, with no info on pressure for the front left tire.

I read that I have to drive the car a bit until it reset, I drove around 30 minutes at least (highway), shut the car off, left if for about an hour, and then drove again around town for like 20 minutes. Error still present.

Did a get a faulty new sensor or is there something I'm not doing after the replacement of the new sensor ?

Thank you all!
I just replaced all 4 of mine. There are 2 types you can buy online. Regular tpms and it has to be programmed with a programming tool or you can buy preprogrammed and all you do is drive it a bit and it registers the pressure and good to go.