ram 1500 active intake manifold

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

helldivex

Reaction score
Hey guys... this might have be discussed else where and my poor searching skills kept me from finding it but...

I cant find much detail on the active intake manifold on our trucks. It changes the length of the runners.
mine tends to do it at 4000 rpm and up. I like this but i want to know more ? Is there a way to control this with a tuner ? Can i have it open sooner ?! I can only imagine someone whos done some upgrades IE cai or exhaust would benefit even more from having some control over this ?

kurek

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
? Is there a way to control this with a tuner ? Can i have it open sooner ?! I can only imagine someone whos done some upgrades IE cai or exhaust would benefit even more from having some control over this ?

You wouldn't want to open it sooner, the whole reason it works at all is from an acoustic tuning relationship with the length of the runners so as long as the runner length doesn't change the only thing you could do by changing when it opens is to get less power.

OP
OP
H

helldivex

Reaction score
Thanks for your input Kurek. I'm aware of the dynamics of runner length and the effects is has on airflow. I was hoping more information of control.

RedSRT4Me

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 CC Sport
Engine
Thanks for your input Kurek. I'm aware of the dynamics of runner length and the effects is has on airflow. I was hoping more information of control.

It can be controlled with HP tuners and Diablo. I had probed Jay Greene about it in the past. He mentioned there are tables of adjustment. Good luck with it.