RAM / FIAT Settlement truck buy back...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mcknigha

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Buy Back arrangements are as follows:
1. The recalls must not of been fixed. If you have one fixed you are still in the clear for the buy back. Rack and pinion nut 100% the other one I believe is the tie-rod ends.
2. Dodge should pay the the used retail price plus 10%.
3. It's only good for fourth gen RAM 1500s made between 2008 and 2012, so before FIAT took over.

I plan on doing the buy back to get a new Ram 1500. Despite the recalls I still think these are good trucks. Love em.

lcmonroe

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
Buy Back arrangements are as follows:
1. The recalls must not of been fixed. If you have one fixed you are still in the clear for the buy back. Rack and pinion nut 100% the other one I believe is the tie-rod ends.
2. Dodge should pay the the used retail price plus 10%.
3. It's only good for fourth gen RAM 1500s made between 2008 and 2012, so before FIAT took over.

I plan on doing the buy back to get a new Ram 1500. Despite the recalls I still think these are good trucks. Love em.

So if you had the pinion nut but not tie rod ends done then you are eligible?

Padilen

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Why not wait until all the facts are figured out. Doesn't make sense to me that recall work owner failed to have performed would mean manufacture would have to buy back the vehicle. Actually none of this makes any sense. Recalling vehicles back to 98 that meet safety regulations when built is ridiculous . America keep it up and no manufactures will be selling here .

Cruizer

Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Sport 4x4 QC
Engine
5.7L Hemi
It doesn't matter where they're made at. If they want to sell them here, they're liable to recalls. No one is going to quit selling cars in the US.

The reason it makes no sense is because it's a knee-jerk reaction by the gov. If it should have been anywhere would have been the airbag issues. Fiat is getting ****** royally though. I can see tie rod ends causing accidents and death, but not the pinion nut. I guess the gov. was running out of money and needed a few million....

I don't care, I'm keeping my truck. Am thinking about doing the tie rod ends though. Mine is a 2010 and seems a lot of 2010 had that call back, but not mine.

Mr_BS

Reaction score
I wonder what they are basing as fair retail value? Trade-in value or what?

pickupman66

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
I would take used retail on my truck for a Newer model. Maybe not a 15 since I dont buy brand new vehicles...

HOWEVER, I dont see them offering to buy mine back because I have had the recall work completed.

Last edited:

BlownGP

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 RAM Harvest New Holland Blue
Engine
So if you had the pinion nut but not tie rod ends done then you are eligible?

See, I wonder if I will get a buy back notice because my tie-rods haven't been done. At least according to their records.

It doesn't matter where they're made at. If they want to sell them here, they're liable to recalls. No one is going to quit selling cars in the US.

The reason it makes no sense is because it's a knee-jerk reaction by the gov. If it should have been anywhere would have been the airbag issues. Fiat is getting ****** royally though. I can see tie rod ends causing accidents and death, but not the pinion nut. I guess the gov. was running out of money and needed a few million....

I don't care, I'm keeping my truck. Am thinking about doing the tie rod ends though. Mine is a 2010 and seems a lot of 2010 had that call back, but not mine.

There was somebody one here I think that had the pinion nut fail and sent the drive shaft flying and he was on the highway. I will have to find the thread. It might have been on the Z forum.

So MOOG is the replacement for the new tie-rods.

I would take used retail on my truck for a Newer model. Maybe not a 15 since I dont buy brand new vehicles...

HOWEVER, I dont see them offering to buy mine back because I have had the recall work completed.

I still owe money on my truck so I'm not sure I would end up in a good financial situation if they buy it back.

smoothee

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
This is the first I'm hearing about a tie rod recall. I had to have mine replaced last year (with 34000 kms on the truck at the time). They blamed the 4" lift, but didn't have time to look into it as I was driving across the country the next day and needed it done.

byf43

Reaction score
Ram Year
2011 Laramie 1500 Crew Cab
Engine
Hemi 5.7

Good article.

When I bought my RAM, I bought it with the intent of keeping it.
Granted, it was used, but, I REALLY like this truck!!!!!

The truck gets 'squirrely' when I hit bumps in turns.
I've NEVER heard of a tie-rod recall.
Is their documentation available for this?????

My truck has had the rear pinion nut recall done, and according to the MOPAR site, the radio has had the software update done.

Personally, IF Fiat/Chrysler (to me, "MOPAR") can fix my truck, I want to keep it.
IF the 'fix' isn't possible, then I'll do the buy-back, but, I doubt I'll ever buy another Chrysler product.
(I said that about GM several years ago, and GM has lost my whole family's business. And yes, this was before the government bail-out.)

mxracer330

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
ecodiesel
Has anyone got an update or letter on what's going on my truck is one that had the rear nut fixed but they lady said I am still one of the vehicles that's on the. List but they wasn't sure on what's there next step will be

Mr_BS

Reaction score
I haven't heard anything since I chatted with them online last week. And they know my truck hasn't had the recall for the nut done on it. (previous owner never had it done, and I wasn't aware of the recall)

Quick Silver

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I've never had a recall on my 2012 Express. In fact,the only really annoying thing about it is it sometimes stalls when shifting from drive to reverse. Usually when moving it around the yard. Sometimes I think there is a little nudge on the highway when going from 6th to ECO and vise versa. The stalling is so unpredictable there is no point trying to duplicate it for the dealer. Kinda a pain in the ass though. Otherwise I love the truck. Smooth ride and lots of power.

PJRNM

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Copied from a .pdf of the agreement:

FCA US's Repurchase Program 35.

FCA US shall amend its Defect Information Report (Part 573 Report) for Recalls 13V-038, 13V-527 and 13V-529, to revise the description ofFCA US's program for remedying the defect. Specifically, the revision will include an alternative to the repair remedy with respect to unremedied vehicles in each of these campaigns. The alternative remedy will be an offer to eligible owners to refund the purchase price paid by the first purchaser of the vehicle for purposes other than resale, less a reasonable allowance for depreciation, and not including the cost of modifications made to the vehicle after first retail sale ("the Purchase Price"). FCA US will additionally offer a premium of 10% above the Purchase Price to any owner of an unremedied vehicle electing this alternative remedy. FCA US shall notify eligible owners within
60 days of amending the Part 573 reports of the availability of this alternative remedy. At FCA US's discretion, FCA US may remedy and resell any vehicle repurchased under this paragraph. Notwithstanding any other requirements of the Consent Order, it is agreed that FCA US shall have satisfied its performance obligations in this Paragraph by completing notification mailings extending the offer described in this Paragraph to eligible owners, provided that FCA US shall actually provide the refund and premium described in this Paragraph to those eligible owners who elect this alternative remedy.

mxracer330

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
ecodiesel
so got the word from my dealer they said if you have had the recall fixed already you cant take the option to do the buy back if you havent had the recall done then you can either get it fixed or do the buy back deal

Batt4Christ

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
Chrysler (Fiat) finally turns a profit. RAM Brand making inroads again to market share...

Seems a lot like the Obama Administrations war on Toyota...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk