Rattle on the front end.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Teller116

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I have noticed a new rattle over the last few weeks. It sounds like metal on metal primarily on the passenger side and makes itself known when we hit a bump. I checked ball joints, tie rod, exhaust and sway bar linkages. However I IMG_5982.jpegnoticed that the sway bar has shifted about an inch to the drivers side and has a rusted spot on the sway bar on the drivers side. Could the sway bar, bushings, or linkage be the reason for the rattle. I already know I have a rattle from the heat shield on the passenger side. I’m planning to fix that next week but for now I want to know if I’m missing something else that could be to issue of the rattle. I’m planning a 1,000 mile trip this weekend and want make sure it’s safe to drive

Attachments

• IMG_5983.jpeg
    IMG_5983.jpeg
    122.5 KB · Views: 11
  • IMG_0277.jpeg
    IMG_0277.jpeg
    169.7 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_0275.jpeg
    IMG_0275.jpeg
    133.4 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_0276.jpeg
    IMG_0276.jpeg
    158.5 KB · Views: 11

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
I have noticed a new rattle over the last few weeks. It sounds like metal on metal primarily on the passenger side and makes itself known when we hit a bump. I checked ball joints, tie rod, exhaust and sway bar linkages. However I View attachment 545069noticed that the sway bar has shifted about an inch to the drivers side and has a rusted spot on the sway bar on the drivers side. Could the sway bar, bushings, or linkage be the reason for the rattle. I already know I have a rattle from the heat shield on the passenger side. I’m planning to fix that next week but for now I want to know if I’m missing something else that could be to issue of the rattle. I’m planning a 1,000 mile trip this weekend and want make sure it’s safe to drive
Your swaybar itself looks to be fub ar'd.Unbolt it off the endlinks and see if your rattle goes away.

mrack

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Probably end links, like wild one said disconnect the sway bar at the top of the links and go for a drive around the block, your noise will probably be gone. New sway links are cheap and easy