Rear turn signals not working after LED bulb replacement

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

abe291

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
I just replaced my rear bulbs with LED's and now my turn signals don't work at all with LED or standard bulbs. I have alfobd and have changed the settings to be LED and also changed them back and they wont work. Before the turn signals stopped working I had no rear running lights but the turn signals worked. I've been searching and comparing settings from files posted here but no luck. All other lights work. I checked voltage with the turn signal on and I'm only getting 7 volts to both sides. This has to be a setting I'm missing. I'm at a loss. I did not create a backup before I made any changes SMH. Any help or thoughts are appreciated.

04fxdwgi

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 1500 Sport
Engine
5.7 Hemi
My Sport has the OEM LED's in it and here are the voltage settings mine has:

Auto Headlamp On Threshold (0‐5 V): 3.314 V
Auto Headlamp Off Threshold (0‐5 V): 2.549 V
Left Side DRL Voltage Target: 7.4 V
Right Side DRL Voltage Target: 7.4 V
Left Low Beam Voltage Regulation: 14 V
Left High Beam Voltage Regulation: 14.2 V
Right Low Beam Voltage Regulation: 14 V
Right High Beam Voltage Regulation: 14.2 V
Left Front Corner Voltage: 13 V
Right Front Corner Voltage: 13 V
Left Rear Corner Voltage: 13 V
Right Rear Corner Voltage: 13 V

crash68

ACME product engineer
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 EcoDiesel
I checked voltage with the turn signal on and I'm only getting 7 volts to both sides.
Try turn the ignition on but don't start the engine, see if the turn signals work.
The bulbs are PWM controlled, there has to be a load on the circuit(keep the bulb in the circuit), also check for voltage using the wires in the plug, don't reference it to the body(ground). Pull the negative battery terminal, then test the taillights with the regular bulbs first.

OP
OP
A

abe291

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
Try turn the ignition on but don't start the engine, see if the turn signals work.
The bulbs are PWM controlled, there has to be a load on the circuit(keep the bulb in the circuit), also check for voltage using the wires in the plug, don't reference it to the body(ground). Pull the negative battery terminal, then test the taillights with the regular bulbs first.
I've tried all these things and still no luck.

crash68

ACME product engineer
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 EcoDiesel
If you can't figure out what was changed with AlfaOBD then you might need to take the truck to the dealership and have it flashed back to factory, your not the first person this has happened to.