Rear wheel well liners?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DRkNESS

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
^^^. Thank you, I’m selling / trading them as I want a lighter colored wheels for my truck.

OP
OP
Glenn54

Glenn54

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
I picked up my rear fender well liners and had them installed at the dealer today. I had asked the salesman if there would be an extra charge and he said yes but not much. I should have known to get the exact cost. Initially, they charged me $240, almost $90 for each liner. After a bit of complaining, they lowered the price to $56 each and $59 for installation, total of $180. Lesson learned. Good thing is I didn't have to do the work.

USAFCHIEF

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 BIGHORN Crew Cab
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Guys, My 2019 Bighorn did not come with full wheel well liners only a partial in the front and rear of the tire. I checked ROCKAUTO but the shipping was out of sight. Therefore, I purchased MOPAR OEM liners from my dealer with a list price of $63.95 each but was able to get a 15% discount by listing them as an accessories purchase along with 8 screws. I installed them myself which took @ 45min each. I left the partial wheel wells behind the new line for added strength. All in all my cost came $125.06. The full liner is not as "heavy" a material as the partial liners but it does the job and looks much better!
Sam

USAFCHIEF

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 BIGHORN Crew Cab
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Guys, My 2019 Bighorn did not come with full wheel well liners only a partial in the front and rear of the tire. I checked ROCKAUTO but the shipping was out of sight. Therefore, I purchased MOPAR OEM liners from my dealer with a list price of $63.95 each but was able to get a 15% discount by listing them as an accessories purchase along with 8 screws. I installed them myself which took @ 45min each. I left the partial wheel wells behind the new line for added strength. All in all my cost came $125.06. The full liner is not as "heavy" a material as the partial liners but it does the job and looks much better!
Sam

JD Martin

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Sam
Pictures? I know what wheel well liners look like but wanted to see if they looked any different by leaving the partials in place. Also, how long did it take you to do this job and what did you have to disassemble? I'm thinking of getting these myself as I sometimes find myself in mud at job sites and I've noticed there's a lot of nooks and crannies for the mud to get stuck in without full liners in there.

Mehgyver

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L V8
Sam

did you have to buy the extra clips or did yours come with the factory flares? My bighorn doesnt have the factory flares and im missing some of the clips id need for screwing the screws into and the last time i looked I couldnt find a good place to buy them that had them actually in stock.

OP
OP
Glenn54

Glenn54

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
Thanks Chief. Sounds like you got a pretty good deal. How'd you get the 15% discount? Are you still a chief in the Air Force or retired?

Sam

TerraNewf

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
My truck was factory ordered. I don't remember ordering the wheel well liners but they are on there. Someone mentioned that the Limited model has them included in the package, maybe the Longhorn has them included as well. I will check my build sheet today and report back.

KC5TGQ

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Etorque
There kinda like panty liners. Its just a little extra insurance.

Karl Mull

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi w/ etorque
I'm probably misunderstanding something here, but all Rams I'm aware of with rear coil springs come standard with rear wheel well liners.
Well My 2020 Laramie Sport does not have them, and it looks like crap. I wish I’d paid attention to them when i bought the truck 2wks ago.

Ridgerunner665

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
My 2018 Bighorn has them... they're not listed on the window sticker as an option, but it has them.

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

KeithP

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7 VVT
I'm probably misunderstanding something here, but all Rams I'm aware of with rear coil springs come standard with rear wheel well liners.
361423EA-407D-4CF0-8621-B5DF39122A97.jpeg
My 17 had them but they are not listed on its window sticker. On my 19 they were an option.

NorthStar1

Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 Ram 1500 Big Horn/Lone Star 4x2 Crew
Engine
Hemi 5.7 eTorque
Yes, wheel well liners became an option on the Bighorns/LoneStars in 2019 and on the Laramie in 2020. And then you gained a CD player on 2019 but then lost it on the 2020 models...apparently because they emptied out the last of the 1990s time capsule of remaining CD players.

Smudge

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7l Hemi
They don't come on Ford or GM trucks as anything but an option either as far as I know unless you really want to call that indoor/outdoor carpet that GM put in their wheel wells as an actual liner. I think its pretty amazing that RAM included them as standard equipment for as long as they did.
Yeah, what’s up with the CD player?!? I’d have gladly traded that for rear liners on my 2019 Big Horn!! lol

runamuck

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 dsl
I have siriusxm but I still listen to a few cd's in my laramie. wheelhouse liners while stock on the sierra I had last did not come on the '19 laramie I have now.

Bose48

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
So if I drive down to the Ram dealer and order them I wonder how much trouble it is to install?

johnts

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
They really jumped the price on these trucks and then make you pay extra for a basic thing like these liners. The Classic still has them as standard.

Buffchief52

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7 e torque.
So if I drive down to the Ram dealer and order them I wonder how much trouble it is to install?

Not too bad as long as you’re mechanical. Just did them on my 2020 Laramie. (Theses trucks should come with these!!!!!)
First side took me bout an hour, second side about half that time. Watch the YouTube videos first; you remove the front stock half liners and discard , and reuse the rears after taking them apart. Also need a few extra nut clips and screws. My dealer parts guy knew what I needed. Again, watching the YouTube video is a must. Also, no need to remove the wheels. Glad I did it, looks better and will keep salt from the frame areas.