Rebel Duratrax tires

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Kootbiker

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Ram Rebel
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Just wondering how many kilometers or miles are Rebel owners getting out of their Goodyear Duratrax tires? Mine are worn to the point that they won’t make the winter, 58,000 kms on them.

brian42

Military
Reaction score
I've read of original equipment tires being done as soon as 20K miles but I'm not sure what people are getting out of the Duratrac tires specifically.

58,000 kms is not unrealistic for A/T tires without a warranty. For me 40K miles (~63,000 kms) is a good life for an A/T tire since it's a softer compound and designed more for off-pavement. You can get more or less depending on construction and intended use but that's what I would consider about average unless it carries a mileage warranty.

Many OE tires look like the ones you can buy at the tire shop but they are not. They are not constructed to the same standards as they are a bulk commercial order and most likely will not last as long as the "over the counter" versions you buy at full price. The TV you buy for 80% off on Black Friday looks the same on the outside but is not the same on the inside. Sony, LG, etc., are not losing as much money as you think for your great deal.

Since the Duratrac is only on the Rebel it could go either way since they are just on that model.

chopperman1

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 Rebel
Engine
5.7L HEMI
Both Rebels (14 and 18) I have owned came with the Toyo AT II's which wear and ride great! Are the Duratracs only in a specific area or maybe model year? My 14 had over 50k miles and were still decent, my 18 has 35k miles and look great.

mikeru

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 Limited
Engine
Hemi 5.7L non-Etorque
My daughter has over 30k miles on her original Duratracks (2019 Rebel), and they still have decent tread depth. I'd guess she still have at least another 10k miles before they'll need to be replaced. A lot of it depends on how you drive. She's pretty easy on the throttle and does mostly town driving.

Both Rebels (14 and 18) I have owned came with the Toyo AT II's which wear and ride great! Are the Duratracs only in a specific area or maybe model year? My 14 had over 50k miles and were still decent, my 18 has 35k miles and look great.
2019+ Rebels all come with Duratracs.

brian42

Military
Reaction score
Road conditions play a part in it too. I would get about 30K out of AT tires on my last truck (F-250) and the shop would say that's about right because roads around here eat tires, even with normal/conservative driving.

My wife had a set of 70K mile warranty tires on her SUV. They were rotated every 5K miles and they were still down to the wear bars at 21K miles (and she drives very conservatively). It's just the nature of the area.

My last tires (Nitto Ridge Grappler) lasted over 50K miles so you never know how your tires and driving style will interact with your surrounding environment, which makes it very hard to compare notes with others that have similar tires.

Farmer Fran

Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 Limited Loaded - Sold
Deleted

Last edited: