ReKey at Lock for Ram Cargo Management divider

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BrianTheFarmer

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I-6
Anyone have a good set of instructions on how to rekey a lock to fit the Ram Cargo Management divider.
IMG_4581.jpg

alpinegreenneon

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Look at the 5 cuts closest to the tip of your key. There are 4 possible cut depths. Those pins or tumblers have a number stamped on one side. A #4 is the deepest cut and a #1 is no cut. A #2 will be close to no cut and a #3 will be closer to a deeper #4. The round hole is for the spring which you insert first before inserting a pin or tumbler. Once you decide on the number sequence, find the corresponding pins and arrange the in the order that's on your key. Insert the tumblers or pins in that order into the casting. They alternate so you can start at the tip inserting the spring and then the pin. Turn the casting around and insert the next spring and pin. Keep flipping until all the springs and pins are in. You might have to jiggle the pins and then tap them down to get them all the way in. If you got the pin sequence correct, when you insert the key, all the pins will line up evenly with the casting. If they don't, you'll need to tap that pin out from the other side and try another number pin. If you pm a pic of your key, I can tell you what your sequence of cuts are.

GTyankee

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 ecodiesel
You can set your own pins, as explained above

or there is another way

the company he mentioned for Lock Parts is

========================

i used my 2016 Ram to find a cylinder at BOLT Lock

BOLT Lock Cylinder Dodge/Jeep/Ram​

STAINLESS STEEL LOCK SHUTTER- MSRP $19.99​

Part # 692916​

Fits​

Dodge, Ram, Jeep & Chrysler Keys

1722819885476.png
1722819933984.png

turkeybird56

Military Vet 1976-1996 Retired US Army
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Bighorn, 4 X 4, 3.21 rear, Bright Flame Red Pearl Coat, Mopar tonneau cover,Westin Bed rug
Engine
Hemi 5.7
You can set your own pins, as explained above

or there is another way

the company he mentioned for Lock Parts is

========================

i used my 2016 Ram to find a cylinder at BOLT Lock

BOLT Lock Cylinder Dodge/Jeep/Ram​

STAINLESS STEEL LOCK SHUTTER- MSRP $19.99​

Part # 692916​

Fits​

Dodge, Ram, Jeep & Chrysler Keys

View attachment 547960
View attachment 547961
I have 2 Bolt products. I have a locking hitch pin and a locking coupler pin. The Bolt products are great: insert your Ram key 1st time into the cylinder turn and the cylinder pins set to you key. Great product. Might work for OP on his management divider.

OP
OP
B

BrianTheFarmer

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I-6
The light tap of the pin with a jeweler's hammer was the key (pun intended or not intended - depending one your level or humor). That was my roadblock, I thought the pins were bottoming out. After that it was an easy trial and error on next pin. The profile of the key cut helped also and I guessed within 1-2 pins on each slot.

Thanks so much for the help alpinegreenneon!!!

alpinegreenneon

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Glad you got it yourself! It's not difficult. Anyone can figure out their cuts on their key. Chrysler has been using the same pins or tumblers since they started using double sided keys. Depending on the lock, there are 3 different pin styles but all 3 styles use the same depth cuts. It is possible that two or even 3 cuts in a row can be the same. I can figure it out for you with a pic of your key sent by PM or email. Do NOT post a pic of your key on the forum. I've been doing keys and locks for years on the Neon and Dart forums, and now a few here. Newer Ram keys have 8 cuts but the door locks have only 7 pins.
Use the pic in the following link to figure out your key: