Resistor 2013 ram

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JN22590

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Hey everybody newbie here.
Recently purchased a 2013 ram 1500 5.7 hemi. I am a new truck owner so I'm still figuring things out here.

Issue: I had a bad resistor. Installed a new one which is a perfect match to the previous. Before installing the new one I had low engagement from the blower motor. After installing the new resistor, no engagement from the blower motor.

I know that the blower motor is good as I put it to 12 volts and it ran nice and strong.

When I turn the air on, it sounds almost like a quiet whirring sound. Not sure what's going on.

Any ideas?

Mpgrimm2

Preferred Vendor
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Ram 1500 (5th Gen)
Engine
5.7L
Hey everybody newbie here.
Recently purchased a 2013 ram 1500 5.7 hemi. I am a new truck owner so I'm still figuring things out here.

Issue: I had a bad resistor. Installed a new one which is a perfect match to the previous. Before installing the new one I had low engagement from the blower motor. After installing the new resistor, no engagement from the blower motor.

I know that the blower motor is good as I put it to 12 volts and it ran nice and strong.

When I turn the air on, it sounds almost like a quiet whirring sound. Not sure what's going on.

Any ideas?

Is this for a truck with the factory 8.4 radio?

ie Blower Resistor: 68048901AA (same as Denso PN 499300-2121)

If you got a knock off Chinese, Dorman, etc resistor (vs Denso/Mopar/Toyota) it may or may not work, it's a bit of a crap shoot getting one that actually works/made correctly (50/50).

Even a genuine used one in good clean condition is typically better.

(If you have the smaller 3"/5" radios, it used a different resistor).

Last edited: