Retrax rails/install

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

sigfla

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Anyone with a retrax tonneau cover able to tell me how parallel their rails are? Mine are more / \ shaped and they cover my rear stake pockets a bit. Seems like they need to be adjusted but want to know what others trucks look like before I go turning screws.

Tulecreeper

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Anyone with a retrax tonneau cover able to tell me how parallel their rails are? Mine are more / \ shaped and they cover my rear stake pockets a bit. Seems like they need to be adjusted but want to know what others trucks look like before I go turning screws.
I have the RetraxPro MX and all my stake pockets are completely covered.

Team Horner

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
I have a RetraxPro MX on my 2018 and my 2022 - stake pockets are completely covered on both and my rails are parallel.

There is an optical illusion if you look at the outside edges of the rails because they are contoured/tapered to follow the exterior bed rail.

Measure the distance between the rails in front of the canister, at the front clamp and at the rear clamp. Compare the measurements at the clamps to the measurement in front of the canister. Adjust the clamps and nylon set screws to adjust to the rails and make the distance between the rails at above the front and rear clamps the same.

OP
OP
S

sigfla

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Looks like I am 1/4 inch off front to back. Correcting that would prob clear my tailgate stake pocket. I am just gonna leave it as is however. I have no need for my stake pockets and now that I was able to install plugs in them they shouldn't leak inside my bed anymore. Maybe one day I will need a tie down point over there and then I can install new plugs with pop up hooks and adjust the rail out a bit.