Sad Sign Of The Times

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Treburkulosis

Your High End Detailer
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 Lonestar Edition converted over to a Sport
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I just added this sticker to my gas loving and eye burning 408 V8!

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2024-06-05 at 11.08.42 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2024-06-05 at 11.08.42 AM.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 24

rvance

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Pent 3.6
I have had all kinds of engines from Corvair flat 6 and VW flat 4 to the 426 Hemi
I like an inline 6 for practical purposes. Not necessarily the new RAM inline 6s. I like my V6 and the wife's inline 4. My masculinity isn't threatened by not having a V8.

Sherman Bird

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
My sediments exactly, I won't buy into this EV green new scam they're throwing at us, I have just 2 vehicles my Ram and My 91 Buick, I'll keep these 2 running in the best shape I know how, we're in some turbulent times right now you don't know who you can trust!!
I was watching videos one day during inclement weather and came across a scientist man from Scandanavian environs. He was giving a speech about this whole controversy about global warming, Carbon Dioxide, green issues, cattle crepitations (farting), and all manner of what's on the cutting edge of world news germane to us getting all hot.

He referred to a claim that the Earth is in a once in every 10,000 year cycle of orbital change around the sun becoming more ovular, thus slightly flattening 2 sides down somewhat, and bringing our great planet closer to the sun such that we just exited an ice age a few hundred or thousand years ago (it really doesn't matter because we mere mortals don't really live all that long, dontcha know!).

It seems just as credible to me as cow farts and us pigs burning fossil fuels to keep alive. (How dare us not live like the Neanderthals!)

It was good popcorn fodder. I don't have the answers. I'd rather think few do.

KalboKalbs

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
21 Longhorn Limited
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I was watching videos one day during inclement weather and came across a scientist man from Scandanavian environs. He was giving a speech about this whole controversy about global warming, Carbon Dioxide, green issues, cattle crepitations (farting), and all manner of what's on the cutting edge of world news germane to us getting all hot.

He referred to a claim that the Earth is in a once in every 10,000 year cycle of orbital change around the sun becoming more ovular, thus slightly flattening 2 sides down somewhat, and bringing our great planet closer to the sun such that we just exited an ice age a few hundred or thousand years ago (it really doesn't matter because we mere mortals don't really live all that long, dontcha know!).

It seems just as credible to me as cow farts and us pigs burning fossil fuels to keep alive. (How dare us not live like the Neanderthals!)

It was good popcorn fodder. I don't have the answers. I'd rather think few do.
It's all nonsense. NORMAL Earth cycles... <<< Reality

Control freaks wanna control. Greedy want more money.

All too often they intersect, gain momentum.

- Government and business primary players.

Pravda News laps it up and reports it as factual.

Previous Speaker spoke of this as a SMEAR - lies validated by Pravda News. Goofs take as factual.

Sherman Bird

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I have had all kinds of engines from Corvair flat 6 and VW flat 4 to the 426 Hemi
I like an inline 6 for practical purposes. Not necessarily the new RAM inline 6s. I like my V6 and the wife's inline 4. My masculinity isn't threatened by not having a V8.
Whoah! Does Tim Allen know this? ;)

Sherman Bird

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
It's all nonsense. NORMAL Earth cycles... <<< Reality

Control freaks wanna control. Greedy want more money.

All too often they intersect, gain momentum.

- Government and business primary players.

Pravda News laps it up and reports it as factual.

Previous Speaker spoke of this as a SMEAR - lies validated by Pravda News. Goofs take as factual.
I regard the EGO boost hunt that the weather people embark on with admonitions like "Tune in to us and we'll tell you what to do, when to do it, remind me as if I'm too stupid to know Houston's climate to buy batteries water and gasoline, drink fluids, yada yada as arrogance and smugness at it's highest level.

All of these putzes must be on the take to spew garbage that even the dimmest among us see right through.

44 years ago, (1980) summer was as brutal as any since. But because the temperature has rise 2 or 3 degrees as average, some cubicle ensconced nerd decided that we people cause it, cows and agriculture causes it.

Today on the weather channel, they pointed out some midwest town where the high is going to reach a level that was matched 103 years ago in the next day or 2.

I worked in the heat for the first 31 of the 48 years I've been a mechanic. It has ALWAYS gotten brutally and dangerously hot in summertime.

Just tell me what the weather is going to likely be.... I'm a big enough boy to evacuate when a CAT 5 hurricane is going to hit us. If I fail to heed warnings to seek shelter when things get really bad and should die, then Darwin was correct. ;)

ppine

Forester
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 liter diesel
Your "sediments:? Are you a geologist?
Do you mean sentiments?

The easy to get at petroleum is mostly gone. Remember when gasoline was 25 cents? You could get Sunoco 102 octane. Now prices fluctuate dramatically with world events. We are setting records for petroleum production in the US and still pay $3.50 in the West per gallon. There is a major push to make vehicles more fuel efficient. Hybrids excel at this challenge. EV vehicles may destined to be commuter vehicles and help bridge the gap to hydrogen and other technologies.

The solution to transportation is probably going to involve a lot of different technologies. I bought a diesel in 2022 which will probably be my last truck unless some irresistible new tech shows up. Don't be offended by other technologies. Petroleum will be around for a long time.

Last edited:

KalboKalbs

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
21 Longhorn Limited
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Your "sediments:? Are you a geologist?
Do you mean sentiments?

The easy to get at petroleum is mostly gone. Remember when gasoline was 25 cents? You could get Sunoco 102 octane. Now prices fluctuate dramatically with world events. We are setting records for petroleum production in the US and still pay $3.50 in the West per gallon. There is a major push to make vehicles more fuel efficient. Hybrids excel at this challenge. EV vehicles may destined to be commuter vehicles and help bridge the gap to hydrogen and other technologies.

The solution to transportation is probably going to involve a lot of different technologies. I bought a diesel in 2022 which will probably be my last truck unless some irresistible new tech shows up. Don't be offended by other technologies. Petroleum will be around for a long time.
Past ~four years Feds have made getting at petroleum a problem. OR simply banned getting (drilling / exploration permits / licenses.

Feds push EVs, as IF EVs solve anything.

Last edited:

RamDiver

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Past ~four years Feds have made getting at petroleum a problem. OR simply banned getting licenses.

Our fearless fool just keeps increasing the carbon tax rate on the already over-taxed gasoline prices.

Last edited:

Docwagon1776

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2012, 2021
Engine
5.7, 6.4
Past ~four years Feds have made getting at petroleum a problem. OR simply banned getting (drilling / exploration permits / licenses.

Then why has US oil production increased to record highs year over year?

Oil production is slowing now because it's starting to oversaturate the market. Prices remain where they are largely due to speculators and banks profit taking, entities that 'trade' oil but have no capacity to actually accept a delivery.

KalboKalbs

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
21 Longhorn Limited
Engine
Hemi 5.7
OK.

Data. Statistics... Nah. I'll believe my lying eyes.

Having observed the past ~four years. No, make that having observed the past ~eight years. It's not rocket science.
- Feds have their jackboot on petroleum's neck

Weathered Covidiocy AND Jab mania, easily by believing my lying eyes. Not Fed data, statistics.
- Read the other day, Jab Ten is approved, for folks liking Jabs. To each his own.

Kinda like all the Fed CO2 lies. I'll take the below X, before I ever believe cow f@rts are a problem. Laughable.

Simple. Common. Sense. Seems to be uncommon these days. (No not you. In general.)

Hemi395

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Careful now, you guys are using logic and common sense and that doesn't work with the green agenda they're shoving down our throats.

I plan on keeping my truck until it falls apart. And then I'll learn to weld. Last year I bought a daily driver so I wouldn't be racking up miles on the truck going to work and whatever else I need a vehicle for. It also prevents an idiot t-boning/rear ending it.

I will have a V8 in my driveway for many years to come.

GTyankee

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 ecodiesel
Cow farts & Ozone depleting substances are chemicals that destroy the earth's protective ozone layer. They include: chlorofluorocarbons (CFCs) halon
CFC's were used in Spray Cans, like Paint for several years in the past.
That is why the Ozone Layer has become much smaller
That is why we need to cover our bodies in sun screen.

BUT, in back around 1911, there was a Heat Spell, that was HOTTER than what we are experiencing now.

Then, Longer-term records show that heat waves in the 1930s remain the most severe in recorded U.S. history

Now, who says we are going through a CLIMATE CHANGE ???

Last edited:

ppine

Forester
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 liter diesel
Nobody is shoving anything down your throat. We have a Capitalist System. Some states have been overly zealous in promoting EV cars in the future. Those laws can easily be changed. We have some of the cheapest gas and diesel fuel in the world except for a few Middle Eastern countries that produce large excesses of petroleum.

The point really is that petroleum is a finite resource. It will become more expensive to extract as time goes forward. There is a place for other technologies which will be driven by economics more than anything. I agree that EVs have been promoted way beyond what the market will support. Hybrid cars are a great idea and becoming popular for good reasons.

In the West where there are great expanses of vacant land and fewer facilities and infrastructure, there will be a place for gas and diesel trucks for the foreseeable future, and I can see pretty far.

Sherman Bird

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Nobody is shoving anything down your throat. We have a Capitalist System. Some states have been overly zealous in promoting EV cars in the future. Those laws can easily be changed. We have some of the cheapest gas and diesel fuel in the world except for a few Middle Eastern countries that produce large excesses of petroleum.

The point really is that petroleum is a finite resource. It will become more expensive to extract as time goes forward. There is a place for other technologies which will be driven by economics more than anything. I agree that EVs have been promoted way beyond what the market will support. Hybrid cars are a great idea and becoming popular for good reasons.

In the West where there are great expanses of vacant land and fewer facilities and infrastructure, there will be a place for gas and diesel trucks for the foreseeable future, and I can see pretty far.
I agree with you to a point. That point is that we have as a consuming body, been hollered at that we are running out of oil. My earliest recollections go as far back as 1970. 54 years ago. All the gloom and doom sayers were predicting an Armageddon over oil in the future of that time.... by 1981.

Someone, or a body of folks, are deceiving us to an extent. If we were truly running out of oil like they said in 1970, then we would have long before now. The truth is too subjective these days. We have to figure it out for ourselves, really. We are way past that Armageddon prediction by 43 years. They should really rethink their deception, eh?

Either way, the ecological damage from discarded EV batteries promises to dwarf the so-called problems of Gasoline/Diesel vehicles.