Sanity Check - Wheel price

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tab10

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.7L V6
I stumbled across these wheels on FB marketplace. I believe they are OEM Rebel wheels (please correct me if I'm wrong) and I think the TMPS sensors are included. They are from a 2023 1500 Classic. Asking price is $500. Is that reasonable?

Do y'all think they will look good on a white standard cab RAM?

IMG_4531.jpg

tron67j

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Good price if OEM, not bent, and correct size and offset for your truck.

OP
OP
T

tab10

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.7L V6
Good price if OEM, not bent, and correct size and offset for your truck.

I have a base 2010 ST with the OEM 17 steelies. I am assuming the size and offset will be fine.

The person selling them says the wheels are from a 2023 with less than a week and 300 miles on them.

I-II

Reaction score
If I had the 500 it would be a good deal for me. That is 125 per wheel. If you can OEM cheaper than that I want your source.

mrack

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Those are not rebel wheels, just basic 17" stocks. Hard to tell but looks like its a black plastic cover over silver wheels, I have a set just like that. They tend to rattle but can be fixed by wadding up some double sided tape under each spoke.

If your really looking for those wheels specifically, not a terrible price. With some patience and regular marketplace searching, you can definitely do better but hunting for deals isn't for everyone lol. For what it's worth, I've bought 2 sets of those same wheels in the past year with half decent tires mounted on them for $150 and $100.

OP
OP
T

tab10

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.7L V6
Those are not rebel wheels, just basic 17" stocks. Hard to tell but looks like its a black plastic cover over silver wheels, I have a set just like that. They tend to rattle but can be fixed by wadding up some double sided tape under each spoke.

If your really looking for those wheels specifically, not a terrible price. With some patience and regular marketplace searching, you can definitely do better but hunting for deals isn't for everyone lol. For what it's worth, I've bought 2 sets of those same wheels in the past year with half decent tires mounted on them for $150 and $100.

Thanks for the feedback and correction on the wheel model.

I am not specifically looking for that wheel but I would like a black wheel.

Not so sure I feel great about the price knowing what you paid for yours! Ha.

pacofortacos

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
IF they are 8" wide inside then, that's still on the high side but not too bad.
IF they are 7" wide then not a good deal at all.
Not Rebel wheels and make sure that your truck can accept 5 lug wheels not 6 lug.

OP
OP
T

tab10

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.7L V6
IF they are 8" wide inside then, that's still on the high side but not too bad.
IF they are 7" wide then not a good deal at all.
Not Rebel wheels and make sure that your truck can accept 5 lug wheels not 6 lug.

Thanks! I should have done my homework on the wheel styles before posting. I know now they aren’t rebels. I do know my truck has 5 lugs.

Can anyone recommend some black wheels that are decent priced and look good?

mrack

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
If you really want to be as cheap as possible keep searching marketplace for “ram wheels” or “rebel wheels” and similar searches. You can also search by lug pattern (5x5.5) but most people don’t know what pattern their truck or wheels are. Every couple months a good deal will pop up, I buy them, try them on my trucks and sell them for a profit if I don’t like them.

If you’d rather not wait, sets of rebel replicas can be found on eBay for $700-80, or look at pro comp wheels: https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B004KKXXNC/ref=ox_sc_saved_image_2?smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER&psc=1

One of the reviews on those wheels even shows a picture of them on a 4th Gen.

Adamcr68

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemifever 5.7
I stumbled across these wheels on FB marketplace. I believe they are OEM Rebel wheels (please correct me if I'm wrong) and I think the TMPS sensors are included. They are from a 2023 1500 Classic. Asking price is $500. Is that reasonable?

Do y'all think they will look good on a white standard cab RAM?

View attachment 542587
Not sure the tpms would work on your 2010, I believe they changed the frequency in 2017

ric221

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
I don't believe those are off a 23. IIRC the 23's have a 6 Lugs pattern.

Bigskyroadglide

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7, supercharged
The tpms sensors will not work on a 2010, they changed frequency in 2013.

The price is high by a couple hundred dollars, however if they come with sensor (since factory sensors are about $40 a piece) the price is not out of the ordinary.

You can get better for less

OP
OP
T

tab10

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.7L V6
thanks everyone - I have passed on them for now - will wait and see if the price lowers any. Maybe if he drops it 250-300 I’ll jump on them.

Blue Truck

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
No Spark Plugs
I've got a set of those that I was wondering if I'd even be able to get $200 for all of them, including the TPMS. Guess it's worth a shot!