Silly question, I know.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ConnieG4

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9l v8
I have a previously owned '94 ram 1500. In the dash above and to the left are two buttons on is labeled fog lamps, the other ( I've discovered is the overdrive on/off button). My question is when the button is lit, is the overdrive off or on?

aszumilo

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
When the light is on, OD is off. Turn it off when you are towing or hauling heavy loads.

OP
OP
C

ConnieG4

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9l v8
Thank you.For me that is confusing, light on means off/ light off means on.

Dean2

Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 2500
Engine
All you have to do is watch your RPM at 65 mph when you push it on and off, RPM go up when it is off. My 96 V10 works the same way. The reason the light is on is a visual warning that you have OD set to off as you will get worse gas mileage running the higher Revs.

Also, why have the light lit full time when it is in its normal operating status of on. This applies to many vehicle functions. Normal fog light position is off, lights up when on. You will find many things on vehicles where the light is on for the NOT normal condition. So for instance, my wife's Jeep has lane control. I never use it, light is lit when off. Same applies to Sport mode, normal is not sport mode, light is on when in sport mode.