Sluggish start

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

myRAM2021803

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7l 1500
I have a 2021Ram Laramie, 5.7l. It recently started being sluggish on the start. After it runs for a period, It starts right back up.It's not sluggish anymore. Then after it sets for about thirty minutes it's like a shown start. I had a deep scan ran on it said low voltage on the battery. I was told it could be the battery or it could be the starter. Has anyone else had this issue and if so, how did it get fixed and what was it?Or does anyone know the answer. I do not want to take my drug to the dealership for just a battery and get charged dealership prices for a battery. But if it is the starter well.Yeah, I'm gonna take it to the dealership because I bought a 7 year bumper to bumper.That does not cover general maintenance like batteries.Brake pads.Things of that nature, but it will cover the starter. Can anyone please help.

Jrod

USAF 1997-2008
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2024 Laramie Night Edition
Engine
HEMI 5.7L eTorque
Just for kicks, check your battery terminals. Make sure no corrosion is forming. If so, buy a cheap terminal cleaning tool. Apply a small dab of Vaseline and reconnect. Sometimes corrosion can cause a weak connection, while all your components may still be good.

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
I have a 2021Ram Laramie, 5.7l. It recently started being sluggish on the start. After it runs for a period, It starts right back up.It's not sluggish anymore. Then after it sets for about thirty minutes it's like a shown start. I had a deep scan ran on it said low voltage on the battery. I was told it could be the battery or it could be the starter. Has anyone else had this issue and if so, how did it get fixed and what was it?Or does anyone know the answer. I do not want to take my drug to the dealership for just a battery and get charged dealership prices for a battery. But if it is the starter well.Yeah, I'm gonna take it to the dealership because I bought a 7 year bumper to bumper.That does not cover general maintenance like batteries.Brake pads.Things of that nature, but it will cover the starter. Can anyone please help.
Spend 20 bucks and buy one of these then you can load test your battery yourself. 4 years out of a battery in your climate is about normal