Sonnax CHR145 and Grey Connector Solenoid?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

2012RAM1500RT

Supporting Member
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ok, an update on my 65RFE Sonnax valve body installation for anyone watching or cares. I just got through with installing the 2nd Sonnax valve body this time with the white plug solenoid CHR146. I did a quick learn and took it on a test drive and it is doing as it should. I didn't do any hard runs, just letting it shift as it wants to. First impression is I really think I can feel better shifts even though I didn't feel like I had an issue to start with. We all know how our heads wants to feel an improvement but right now I am very happy with it. I will be able to let you know more as I drive it more. If I can give any advice if anyone wants to do this is to get it with the whole assembly "with the white solenoid" even tho Sonnax said it will work with all 3 color solenoid plugs "I" will never change another one with using my solenoid on their valve body! Chance it if you want but I don't have to learn anything twice

HEMIMANN

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 2500 Laramie Crew Cab
Engine
6.4L HEMI
I care - thanks for sharing! White solenoid it is, confirmed.

If mine pops and I ever have to rebuild it, this is good to know.

2012RAM1500RT

Supporting Member
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Rode about 100 mile trip today just to let transmission do a bunch of shifting to relearn or what ever it needs to do. I'm happy I got rid of the 5 plastic plungers but so far I don't have the shock factor in a great improvement. Would I do it again........ I'm still not going to say, I'm going to be towing my travel trailer in about 3 weeks, I'm hoping something impresses me more. Once again, my transmission was doing nothing wrong. Still happy to get rid of the plastic plungers if nothing else. Not sure if I am near $1000 happier counting valve body, fluids and filter happy. There's no money to pay for the frustration I've had with this update! LOL