Start-X 3x Lock Remote Start Review

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cmorales30

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 V8 Hemi
Hey all, I hope this is in the right thread.

So my 2017 unfortunately doesn’t have the OEM remote start feature. Living in Arizona I’ve learned that’s a must, especially in our hot summers. I went onto Amazon to find a completely plug and play kit. Here’s the link to the one I purchased:
Start-X Remote Starter Kit for 2013-2017 RAM 1500/2500 / 3500 || Key Start || Fully Plug N Play || 3X Lock to Remote Start || Zero Wire Splicing! || Fits 2013 2014 2015 2016 2017 https://www.amazon.com/dp/B087W7L7DM/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_glc_fabc_HJmaGbPQPGJD7?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

The reviews looked great, and I actually purchased this one over another since there was zero splicing involved.

The instructions were a little vague and there weren’t any install videos on how to wire it. Now, I’m not a genius, but I think the majority of us DIY’ers can definitely do it ourselves. Unfortunately I had to go and buy a cheap used Dell Laptop on offerup, since the programs you flash your module aren’t supported by Mac. (But this works out since I’m planning on using Alfaobd in the future).

I realized afterwards, I probably should’ve made a video and uploaded it for everyone. However, it’s pretty straight forward. The only tools you need are a philips screwdriver and your computer. The install took less than 20 minutes. I was shocked, with my luck truck upgrades usually end up with me breaking something. It works great! It shuts off after 15 minutes, and you can press lock 3x again to shut the truck off.

DILLIGAF

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Looks just like my Dball.

Mdemmin0920

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
V8
I’m looking for some help I did everything that’s supposed to be done for the starter I plugged it in but the module is still blinking green not a steady green! What am I doing wrong

PoconoJoe

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
@cmorales30, Thanks for the review!

I emailed Start-x and asked about programming with a mac since I dont have a windows PC. They promptly responded that in fact it can be done with a mac. Maybe things have changed since you did yours in January 2021.

I'm seriously thinking about ordering this.

I watched two Start-x videos on their website and one by a consumer on YouTube. It seems pretty easy.

We contacted a reputable independent shop last year and his quote was $350. Knowing the shape of the economy, the price has probably gone up since a year ago. So this kit will definitely be a money saver.

It might be a while before I get to this, but I'll report back when it's done.