Stellantis Boss Rushes To US

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

skates15

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well, they made it to the beginning of fed rate cuts in Sep. It only cost them 9 billion and 50% of stock value.

They'll have to claw those losses back.

They said they lost 20% not too long ago, but now its 40%. I bet it was always 40% as evidenced by excessive inventory. Perhaps a shareholder will bring a lawsuit.

How this guy still has a job after losing half their stock value is beyond me.

Docwagon1776

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2012, 2021
Engine
5.7, 6.4
Reducing prices won't help. The hemi and challenger brought back would.

Reducing prices will obviously help. Challenger sales crashed as they brought prices up too far too fast and hadn't made any significant upgrades to justify it. The Challenger used to outsell the Mustang pretty handily, but that flipped as Stellantis just refused to invest any real time/talent/treasure into making a new generation. The Chrysler brand wsa just left to die as well. The 200 was a *great* car after the last update, a really compelling midsize sport sedan for the money. Killed off after 2 years. The 300 was a *huge* hit in terms of both market attention and actual sales, left to rot on the vine.

The late FCA/Stellantis motto seems to be: Make a hit but then let it sit. Stop updating the vehicle, stop giving it marketing love, etc. GM decided to go all in on the C8 Corvette after letting the Camaro similarly languish, but that's a low volume vehicle so the Mustang is new king simply by default. I kind of dig the new Mustang updates as well, but pricing...woof.

Charger sales remained strong right up until the end, but I think fleet sales helped prop those numbers up. Police agencies had a rush of buying ahead of the delay in ability to purchase between the outgoing model and the 4 door variant of the new Charger. It's a *good* car.

GTyankee

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 ecodiesel
The EPA says that Stellantis has to buy Pollution Credits,
Stellantis wants to reduce their Credit Debt, so they want to go to EVs.
After all the U.S. Military, will be going Electric, so we can be the laughing stock of the world

Only Tesla has excess of credits, because they technically don't pollute, at least in the USA.

GM owns so many Mines, including a bunch of Lithium Mines, they don't care if they have to buy credits.

Ford owns so many companies worldwide that the the US Gov't owes them, i believe

GTyankee

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 ecodiesel
The new Brasilian Ram, images included

skates15

Supporting Member
Reaction score
The late FCA/Stellantis motto seems to be: Make a hit but then let it sit. Stop updating the vehicle, stop giving it marketing love, etc. GM decided to go all in on the C8 Corvette after letting the Camaro similarly languish, but that's a low volume vehicle so the Mustang is new king simply by default. I kind of dig the new Mustang updates as well, but pricing...woof.
I like the latest mustang as well and I've never been a big fan.

Docwagon1776

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2012, 2021
Engine
5.7, 6.4
I like the latest mustang as well and I've never been a big fan.

The rear looks more Camaro-esque than previous generations, which may be what does it for me. Nightmare would have been cooler than Dark Horse for the trim name, IMO, but obviously that's a small thing.

Docwagon1776

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2012, 2021
Engine
5.7, 6.4
After all the U.S. Military, will be going Electric, so we can be the laughing stock of the world

In a pretty limited way, and they'd be absolutely idiotic to not consider electric where it makes sense.

Lightweight scout vehicles with no engine noise and reduced heat signature, the ability to power monitoring and communications electronics without the need to idle, etc is a tactical advantage, for example.

GTyankee

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 ecodiesel
I have trouble thinking that our Military needs anything on the ground.
We are putting up 100's of Satellites up every month, just for Private Companies Communications.
I can't believe that they are not putting Military equipment up there too.

After all, we have intelligent machine gun PODS on Aircraft.
The software in those Pods & Aircraft can decide who is Friend or Foe.
Friends were given clothing & Helmets with Identifiers implanted within them.

Another group was considered FOE had no Identifiers on their persons.

The Designers of the equipment ran several test runs & they were satisfied with the results.

That was disclosed Years ago, just like the Invisible Uniforms & my favorite, the Kitty CornerShot

1724635330160.png

Docwagon1776

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2012, 2021
Engine
5.7, 6.4

The absurdity of that statement and depth of ignorance required to believe it is so deep I wouldn't know where to start, so I'll simply say effective war fighting continues to require a significant ground component.

bgenlvtex

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Instead of putting a 5.7/8hp70 or SO Hurricane/8hp70 in a Gladiator they gave us ****** PHEV that literally nobody wants.

The first generation of Gladiators has run their course, the 3.6 is a terrible POS in those trucks, instead of fixing them, they simply turned their back on them, and said here is some rainbow unicorn ********.

Stellantis has absolutely no idea what the Jeep brand is about, they clearly watch too much TV and suckle the ***** of green globalism.

Upnorthwi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 eco diesel
Reducing prices will obviously help. Challenger sales crashed as they brought prices up too far too fast and hadn't made any significant upgrades to justify it. The Challenger used to outsell the Mustang pretty handily, but that flipped as Stellantis just refused to invest any real time/talent/treasure into making a new generation. The Chrysler brand wsa just left to die as well. The 200 was a *great* car after the last update, a really compelling midsize sport sedan for the money. Killed off after 2 years. The 300 was a *huge* hit in terms of both market attention and actual sales, left to rot on the vine.

Charger sales remained strong right up until the end, but I think fleet sales helped prop those numbers up. Police agencies had a rush of buying ahead of the delay in ability to purchase between the outgoing model and the 4 door variant of the new Charger. It's a *good* car.
Prices are obscene on new vehicles. Plus common parts not available on a 21 model….. they are financing the EV crap.

M376X6

Reaction score
Ram Year
1963, 1965, 1983, 1984, 1985, 2022
Engine
Mopar
The trouble with North American operations is the man who thinks he can drop in and resolve it. considering his lack of our market understanding and his blunders since he got here I don't believe he will do anything but bring an end to Chrysler, Dodge, Ram, and Jeep. The one major blunder I remember ( I don't know if he was responsible for them) is the insistence that Italian engines be dropped into American cars. The Dart, which had a disastrous Multi Air engine. The 1500 with its eco engine. Now we have the lay off of multitudes of American engineers in favor or foreign engineers who have ZERO knowledge and understanding of the American market or it's needs. This is just Daimler mistakes part two. Here is a clue to you Stellantis, we are NOT Europe, or the rest of the world for that matter, and no matter how hard you insist, we will never be! Give us reliable, hard working, or fun fast vehicles and we will line up at dealers doors.

Dusty

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
We are putting up 100's of Satellites up every month, just for Private Companies Communications.
I can't believe that they are not putting Military equipment up there too.

After all, we have intelligent machine gun PODS on Aircraft.
The software in those Pods & Aircraft can decide who is Friend or Foe.
Friends were given clothing & Helmets with Identifiers implanted within them.

Another group was considered FOE had no Identifiers on their persons.

The Designers of the equipment ran several test runs & they were satisfied with the results.

That was disclosed Years ago, just like the Invisible Uniforms & my favorite, the Kitty CornerShot

View attachment 549429
You can bomb the hell out of them and destroy everything, but you can't capture anything unless there are feet on the ground.

Regards,
Dusty
2019 Ram 1500 Billet Silver Laramie Quad Cab 2WD, 5.7 Hemi, 8HP75, 3.21 axle, 33-gallon fuel tank, 18” wheels. Build Date: 3 June 2018. Now at 117949 miles.

RD Holland

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
In a pretty limited way, and they'd be absolutely idiotic to not consider electric where it makes sense.

Lightweight scout vehicles with no engine noise and reduced heat signature, the ability to power monitoring and communications electronics without the need to idle, etc is a tactical advantage, for example.

Meanwhile another post today mentions I-80 being shut down indefinitely while a toxic EV fire rages. The enemy blasts a couple EVs and then what?

CaptCurt

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
The trouble with North American operations is the man who thinks he can drop in and resolve it. considering his lack of our market understanding and his blunders since he got here I don't believe he will do anything but bring an end to Chrysler, Dodge, Ram, and Jeep. The one major blunder I remember ( I don't know if he was responsible for them) is the insistence that Italian engines be dropped into American cars. The Dart, which had a disastrous Multi Air engine. The 1500 with its eco engine. Now we have the lay off of multitudes of American engineers in favor or foreign engineers who have ZERO knowledge and understanding of the American market or it's needs. This is just Daimler mistakes part two. Here is a clue to you Stellantis, we are NOT Europe, or the rest of the world for that matter, and no matter how hard you insist, we will never be! Give us reliable, hard working, or fun fast vehicles and we will line up at dealers doors.
Brilliantly said 'THANKS'

demonram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Meanwhile another post today mentions I-80 being shut down indefinitely while a toxic EV fire rages. The enemy blasts a couple EVs and then what?
Seems like the EV's are prone to becoming an inferno when involved in a collision, being charged in the garage, etc. I'll stick to my ICE.