Stellantis Profits Crash In 2024

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rzr6-4

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
"we also have initiated an exciting product blitz, with no fewer than 20 new vehicles launching this year"

I'm sure a bunch of hybrids/EVs that no one wants, as well as the new hurricane in the 1500s that people will be skeptical of for years. What could go wrong?

OP
OP
Yardbird

Yardbird

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cylinder deactivation, cam failures, and E-Torque, I believe, have put a big hurt in sales.

The huge price increases, poor quality, and lack of warranty support, have just added fuel to the fire.

Then, you have the loonies in charge pushing E this and E that, costing the car companies billions of dollars, resulting in nothing but the ruination of the auto manufacturers, which was the main goal all along,

We are supposed to live in controlled, self-sustainable communities where all the needs "they" think we need are met, leaving an almost zero "carbon footprint".

This was laid out in UN Agenda 21 well over 20 years ago. I read it back then, but try finding that text today. It's all been whitewashed into a fairy tale sounding wonderful life.

I'm just an old pion whose thoughts don't matter, so I just have to make the best of how things are and live out the rest of my days.

Things sure aren't the way I grew up. Some things are much better, and needed to be corrected. I don't see smoke stacks from factories spewing jet black smoke like I used to. People aren't throwing their trash in gullies and fields in order to fill them in.

Motor oil isn't spread onto dirt roads to keep dust down, though that really did a great job of dust control if you lived on a dirt road like I did.

Some things needed changing, but things have gotten out of control in order to empower a few.

Rant over. Maybe I shouldn't post right after having a migraine....

RamDiver

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Cylinder deactivation, cam failures, and E-Torque, I believe, have put a big hurt in sales.

The huge price increases, poor quality, and lack of warranty support, have just added fuel to the fire.

Then, you have the loonies in charge pushing E this and E that, costing the car companies billions of dollars, resulting in nothing but the ruination of the auto manufacturers, which was the main goal all along,

We are supposed to live in controlled, self-sustainable communities where all the needs "they" think we need are met, leaving an almost zero "carbon footprint".

This was laid out in UN Agenda 21 well over 20 years ago. I read it back then, but try finding that text today. It's all been whitewashed into a fairy tale sounding wonderful life.

I'm just an old pion whose thoughts don't matter, so I just have to make the best of how things are and live out the rest of my days.

Things sure aren't the way I grew up. Some things are much better, and needed to be corrected. I don't see smoke stacks from factories spewing jet black smoke like I used to. People aren't throwing their trash in gullies and fields in order to fill them in.

Motor oil isn't spread onto dirt roads to keep dust down, though that really did a great job of dust control if you lived on a dirt road like I did.

Some things needed changing, but things have gotten out of control in order to empower a few.

Agenda goal 21 may be whitewashed while using Google as a search engine but Duck Duck Go brings up all this and more.

But, sometimes I'd like to forget about this 1984 stuff too. :cool:

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
Well the way Stellantis is going,caused me enough consternation, i sold the truck 2 days ago,and a kid is coming from southern BC on Sunday to buy the 1320.Sold both for more then i paid for them,so i figured i better jump on the offers while they were still there. I can't get alot of parts for the truck anymore,and when i had the dealer look up commonly wearing parts,like struts for the 1320 they're not available anymore either,as the 1320 uses differant struts from other Challengers,so both are gone,as i'm not hung up on hanging onto vehicles i can't get parts for anymore

Treburkulosis

Your High End Detailer
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Well the way Stellantis is going,caused me enough consternation, i sold the truck 2 days ago,and a kid is coming from southern BC on Sunday to buy the 1320.Sold both for more then i paid for them,so i figured i better jump on the offers while they were still there. I can't get alot of parts for the truck anymore,and when i had the dealer look up commonly wearing parts,like struts for the 1320 they're not available anymore either,as the 1320 uses differant struts from other Challengers,so both are gone,as i'm not hung up on hanging onto vehicles i can't get parts for anymore
What are you going to get next?

skates15

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I do believe the killing off of the Challenger and Charger is going to play a major roll in this. I would be watching Fords Stock to climb.
I don't think so. Ford stock got crushed today, lost a whopping 20%, the worst since 2008. The fed will cut rates in Sep, then again after that. People will start buying again, which will help, but they'll still need to lower the cost of the vehicle if they want to remain viable.

CanRebel

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
I don't think so. Ford stock got crushed today, lost a whopping 20%, the worst since 2008. The fed will cut rates in Sep, then again after that. People will start buying again, which will help, but they'll still need to lower the cost of the vehicle if they want to remain viable.

I was going to post the same thing. It's not just Stellantis, Ford is hurting as well.

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
What are you going to get next?
After 50 years of racing everything from motocross bikes/snowmobiles and vehicles it's time to retire i think,lol. Both the wife and i aren't in as good shape as we were a couple years ago,and she was basically forced out when she shattered her right leg,and with-out her at the track,it wasn't as much fun,so it's time to step back from things. If things change in a year or two in regards to our health,we might get back into it again.To tell you the truth,i'm kind of glad both are sold,as i'm not under any pressure to have them at the track on a weekly basis. My local track is 155 miles from my driveway to the entrance gates,and i'm getting to old to enjoy getting home at 2:00 am anymore,lol
A gal in her early 50's has been after my truck for several years,and when she agreed to my price i told her she could come get it,lol Same with the 1320,a young guy seen it at the Hemi shoot-out last summer,and has been after me to sell it to him since.

G-Ride990

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
@Yardbird Hey FYI, I just tossed a picture in your original post to make the site look uhh.. not broken LOL

This section was never meant for members to be able to post in but we never got it locked down. If you create a new thread in this section and don't include a picture, it messes up the home page and makes it look like a broken link is present front and center.

I just added something generic because I thought it was a great post, and some good commentary.

Just an FYI if you see it and wonder why there is a random picture in your post.

If anyone is looking to do some RAM/Dodge/FCA/Stellantis related posting, let me know and we'll make you our dedicated news guy haha!

Treburkulosis

Your High End Detailer
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
I did see the Ford drop in stock. One thing about the Mustang is Ford always kept the GT low in price. Plus they are the only muscle car left standing and they still offer a stick. The cost of cars has pushed most people away. We haven't bought anything. We did buy last year, but it was a heck of steal on my Flex with 12k miles. I have several close friends in the car business and they are struggling to sell anything. With Stellantis I really don't know what is going to happen. The Hemi engine saved that company and especially when they brought back the Charger/Challenger. They are all over the road. I see 3x as many of those cars vs any Camaro or Mustang. Dodge really screwed up IMO.

KalboKalbs

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
21 Longhorn Limited
Engine
Hemi 5.7

Great post. Thank you!

Biggest culprit hitting profits in 2024...huge shift to EV. "Mandated" EV concept is DOA from a consumers perspective. EVs are dumb enough on there own merits. Feds and automakers made a soup sandwich out of EVs.

UN anything is a fraud. 2021 a glaring example. EV thing driven by faux environment tree huggers AND Control freaks.

Ram and Jeep line up looking problematic, from what I see. (Have not seriously looked. Only light reading here RamForum.)
- Seems to apply to all auto manufactures.

I better stop here.

KalboKalbs

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
21 Longhorn Limited
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Agenda goal 21 may be whitewashed while using Google as a search engine but Duck Duck Go brings up all this and more.

But, sometimes I'd like to forget about this 1984 stuff too. :cool:

When standard search engines fail, perhaps try Yandex.

Stuff Google, Duck Duck and others whitewash (censor) show on Yandex.

YMMV. :cool:

Treburkulosis

Your High End Detailer
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
After 50 years of racing everything from motocross bikes/snowmobiles and vehicles it's time to retire i think,lol. Both the wife and i aren't in as good shape as we were a couple years ago,and she was basically forced out when she shattered her right leg,and with-out her at the track,it wasn't as much fun,so it's time to step back from things. If things change in a year or two in regards to our health,we might get back into it again.To tell you the truth,i'm kind of glad both are sold,as i'm not under any pressure to have them at the track on a weekly basis. My local track is 155 miles from my driveway to the entrance gates,and i'm getting to old to enjoy getting home at 2:00 am anymore,lol
A gal in her early 50's has been after my truck for several years,and when she agreed to my price i told her she could come get it,lol Same with the 1320,a young guy seen it at the Hemi shoot-out last summer,and has been after me to sell it to him since.
Good luck! Get yourself an older molar lol.