Stellantis Profits Crash In 2024

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Silby

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I don't think so. Ford stock got crushed today, lost a whopping 20%, the worst since 2008. The fed will cut rates in Sep, then again after that. People will start buying again, which will help, but they'll still need to lower the cost of the vehicle if they want to remain viable.
The F E D is going to crash the world economy. They are a fake organization,that is coming down.

Loudram

Just a sinner saved by grace
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Nope, I've tested Duck Duck Go and it doesn't censor or manipulate the results like Google or Bing.

I'm a big proponent of avoiding all things Google and any site or service that manipulates results to support hidden agendas.

Or any site or service that harvests personal data. I am fully aware of the coming of AI and the power it represents to process and monetize our personal information.

If someone doesn't care about their personal information being collected and the potential threat involved, please speak to an educated nerd or someone who can help you appreciate the magnitude of this threat.

My personal computers and cell phone are all locked up tight for this very reason.

I agree 100%. My Z Flip 5 is locked down as much as I can get it. I also just bought a new laptop with Windows 11 on it. First thing I did was scrap 11 and install Linux Mint. I also use Brave on my phone, laptop, and tablet.

As far as Stellantis goes, they are one big dumpster fire under Tavares. He needs to be fired! He's an idiot. I know it's wishful thinking but it would be nice if an American investor bought back the Mopar brands. I can dream.

2012RAM1500RT

Supporting Member
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
I agree 100%. My Z Flip 5 is locked down as much as I can get it. I also just bought a new laptop with Windows 11 on it. First thing I did was scrap 11 and install Linux Mint. I also use Brave on my phone, laptop, and tablet.

As far as Stellantis goes, they are one big dumpster fire under Tavares. He needs to be fired! He's an idiot. I know it's wishful thinking but it would be nice if an American investor bought back the Mopar brands. I can dream.
I'm dreaming with you! Otherwise for reasons I've stated before I'm finally done with Mopar especially after '24. They've made it hard enough on me sticking with them after 1985 but I was dedicated. The Challenger 2 door V-8 gave me a lot of hope even tho a '68 to '70 B body retro would have excited me more but I take what I can get. No more from here forward, they offer nothing I'll by! What a pleasure it was growing up in the era I did!

Dusty

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Travaras is not and idiot. Being called an idiot gives too much credit to the concept of stupidity. He’s much worse. He’s Euro-centric, super arrogant and believes his decisions are intellectually superior. He thinks solely European, and makes judgements from a Euro-centric position. He considers the North American automakers to be out-of-step with the rest of the world. And it is. The North American market is and has been different. NA has had things that the rest of the world hasn’t: relatively cheap fuel, stable economic conditions, steady demand, and a different customer culture.

Since Daimler, Chrysler has been treated as foster child, only seen as a launching pad to advance European makes and models. Sergio Marchionne, being Canadian and understanding the cultural and economic conditions of North America, pretty much left the North American operations alone. As CEO he reduced layers of management and raised profitability.

Marchionne’s biggest mistake, however, was the merger between FCA and PSA which formed the new company, Stellantis. This is how Tavares became CEO. Tavares first grandiose press conference he said he was going to save 5 billion euros a year in terms of investment, share engines and platforms and development between operating units. He wanted to relaunch the “failing” brands, like Lancia, and give them additional investment.

This is when his distaste for North American brands became apparent. The Chrysler portion of FCA got reduced funding while European brands got increased funding. He’s on record promising a complete elimination of paying for fuel credits, a concept he abhors. Not realizing or understanding Canadian and American customer requirements, everything was going to be electric. So why invest in ICEs. Not understanding the North American market, he mandated eliminating North American car models and any planned new development because Chrysler would be utilizing platform design and engineering from Europe, along with engines.

The EV bubble is near bursting while Chrysler, late to the game, is just ramping up new electric models. Cheaper, smaller 4-cylinder cars do not exist. Pricing is geared to make up for the loss in past development, with the effect of reducing sales.

All these things have contributed to Chrysler current predicament of no small cars to offset EPA mandates, and no large sedans to maintain market presence. So, Travares isn’t a complete idiot. He knows just enough to be dangerous.

Regards,
Dusty
2019 Ram 1500 Billet Silver Laramie Quad Cab 2WD, 5.7 Hemi, 8HP75, 3.21 axle, 33-gallon fuel tank, 18” wheels. Build Date: 3 June 2018. Now at 116716 miles.

2012RAM1500RT

Supporting Member
TOTM Winner
Reaction score

Mopar is finally dead to me. I struggled and made it from the late '80's till now with being Mopar only. Stellantis is just an Italian car company and nothing truly Mopar. They won, I'll never own anything in their brand especially after '24. I'm sure no one else cares as much as I do but a very sad time for me.

ramffml

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
I do like my truck, and back in 2019 it was the right call/purchase, but I'm not married to it and I couldn't care less about the brand at this point now that they gutted the SRTs etc. Let it sink, let it swim, all the same to me. I was never a dodge guy growing up so I don't have any feelings for mopar/dodge etc.

I'll hang onto v8's as long as I can, or a small diesel, neither of which Ram has. Guess they lost me as well. But just because Ram is dead, doesn't mean my truck is, I hope to run it for a good many years yet, depends on how it treats me and availability of parts etc.

skates15

Supporting Member
Reaction score
They can turn it around if they just had another last call edition...or two, or three...Ill pay big bucks for a seat with purple stitching and some stickers on the hood.

2012RAM1500RT

Supporting Member
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
My wife and I was cruising around today in my truck and I mentioned that I was now a man without a brand after 50 years. While we were riding and enjoying the beautiful day and sight seeing I told her as nice as my truck is now it does what I need so I'll have to be content with it with what time I probably have remaining and I'm ok with that. Otherwise if I ever get lucky and win the lottery I'll be able to buy the one last ultimate '70 GTX I've always wanted or a 1939 or '40 Mopar 2 door, Mopar V-8 powered coupe I'll just stay content. I've had a great life and numerous Mopar muscle cars a lot of men can only dream of! Wouldn't give up what I had or have now to do it all over again! I thank God for it all!

Last edited:

Docwagon1776

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2012, 2021
Engine
5.7, 6.4
Brand loyalty is proof marketing works. Next thing we'll have some thread on if we have to wave at each other or leave toys on each other's vehicles.

I've owned all of the big 3's trucks at some point. Who had the best vehicle for me at the time based on my current wants and needs got the purchase. I even managed to own Jeeps without joining the cult...

2012RAM1500RT

Supporting Member
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
I agree, that's exactly what I've always done is buy the vehicle that fits my needs. I can't help it if I'm a loyal person to the things I like. Loyal and dedicated seems to be looked down upon for some reason. Different world I guess. I have no problem with anyone buying what they want it's their money, just don't understand why buying something you want even if you don't want to change is a bad thing.

BenchTest

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Brand loyalty is proof marketing works. Next thing we'll have some thread on if we have to wave at each other or leave toys on each other's vehicles.

I've owned all of the big 3's trucks at some point. Who had the best vehicle for me at the time based on my current wants and needs got the purchase. I even managed to own Jeeps without joining the cult...
It's absolutely culti-ish. The Jeep "wave". The Jeep stupid rubber duckies. The "hey bro" wave with bikers. I'm not going to acknowledge some random person because we happen to be utilizing the same method of transportation. And before some shmo says "do you even ride bro?" - I've had plenty of motorcycles. I don't wave at other Hondas when I'm in the wife's car. I don't wave at other RAMs when I'm in my truck. Cult.

2012RAM1500RT

Supporting Member
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
I'll wave at anyone that wants to wave......not that many friendly people anymore. Didn't realize it was evil, I'll have to keep that in mind from now on.

BenchTest

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I'll wave at anyone that wants to wave......not that many friendly people anymore. Didn't realize it was evil, I'll have to keep that in mind from now on.
There is a difference between waving at a random person to be friendly and the cult-ish Jeep stalkers that are affectionately known as "Jeep Creeps". If you own a Jeep and go out of your way to wave at/talk to another random Jeep driver, that's where the cult-ish applies. If you're a grown up passing out rubber duckies to other random Jeep owners, that's indicative of a cult-ish mental disorder IMO. I still wave at random people. It's still the friendly thing to do, especially out on the country roads with the farm community/ranchers. I'm a friendly person, just not a stalker of people using the same mode of transportation as me.

Last edited: