Stellantis sues Dealer

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
W

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
Interesting take on Stellantis keeping up with warrenties.He also mentions Fords plant in Canada,that us Canuck tax payers bailed out to the tune of 600 million,retooling to go away from EV's,and back to ICE trucks.

OP
OP
W

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
Don't know how you can stand listening that guy. he's annoying.

I read the real news article. Stellantis is likely win.
That's to be seen.I almost believe TK more then the news articles floating around,as he doesn't appear to be buy-able like alot of reporters are

OP
OP
W

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
You believe his bias misquoted nonsense babble that he read from autonews?
Right back atcha,anybody who believes 90% of the nerws articles floating around is even more gullible. At least he's a self made millionare,unlike most reporters writing news articles who can be bought ;)

Scottly

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HO 6.7 Cummins
Go look at his inventory....He has a lot full of junk that would never sell in these parts. Maybe up there you can find a buyer for 99(count em) Pro-Master 3500 cutaway vans, most 2023's...I mean, damn.....

Docwagon1776

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2012, 2021
Engine
5.7, 6.4
Everybody is quoting second or third hand. I don't see the actual filing online, and even if you did you're getting what the lawyers are saying happened. In a civil suit, the posturing to try and get a settlement can bring out even more lawyer shenanigans than normal. As a reminder: Lawyers are *not* under oath. Unlike a witness who's legally compelled toward "the whole truth" lawyers are precluded from telling "the whole truth" if that damages their client. Their job is to win money for their client, not be a neutral finder of fact.

All that said, *if* Stellantis' legal team's statements are correct, the dealership is going to have a bad time. Like possibly a criminal trial down the road for fraud sort of bad time.

OP
OP
W

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
I'm not so sure i'd believe Stellantis's legal team either,as they'll be employing scare tactics.
As my old (rip) high priced lawyer uncle used to say,"there's not a contract wrote that can't be broken,just depends on how much money you want to spend"

CanRebel

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
Everybody is quoting second or third hand. I don't see the actual filing online, and even if you did you're getting what the lawyers are saying happened. In a civil suit, the posturing to try and get a settlement can bring out even more lawyer shenanigans than normal. As a reminder: Lawyers are *not* under oath. Unlike a witness who's legally compelled toward "the whole truth" lawyers are precluded from telling "the whole truth" if that damages their client. Their job is to win money for their client, not be a neutral finder of fact.

All that said, *if* Stellantis' legal team's statements are correct, the dealership is going to have a bad time. Like possibly a criminal trial down the road for fraud sort of bad time.

autonews is the one who actually reported it.

They didn't show or list the case, nor could I actually find it. Either it's not online yet, or ....

That dealership isn't first nor would they be last to do things like that. Just happens to be a law in that state, which would force Stellantis to buy them all back.

Wouldn't doubt they close for month or not even close, back selling for Stellantis.

One of my uncles who owned dealership in Windsor(On) would flip between Chrysler and Ford every 3-4 years. Market is good, buy a ton of fleet cars/trucks, try selling them before market dies down.

@Wild one how are they employing scare tactics?? Dealership purchased ton of trucks. As per Stellantis made false fleet purchases, then Dealership cancelled their franchise.
They couldn't sell them all. So now they want Stellantis to buy them all back.

Docwagon1776

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2012, 2021
Engine
5.7, 6.4
I'm not so sure i'd believe Stellantis's legal team either,as they'll be employing scare tactics.
As my old (rip) high priced lawyer uncle used to say,"there's not a contract wrote that can't be broken,just depends on how much money you want to spend"

Of course. To quote myself:

As a reminder: Lawyers are *not* under oath. Unlike a witness who's legally compelled toward "the whole truth" lawyers are precluded from telling "the whole truth" if that damages their client.

...hence my bolded *IF* in regards to their team. I've, thankfully, had pretty limited exposure to civil lawsuits but (at least in the US) the rules of evidence are much looser and the accusations are often much more of a reach than you'd see in a similar criminal suit.

turkeybird56

Military Vet 1976-1996 Retired US Army
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Bighorn, 4 X 4, 3.21 rear, Bright Flame Red Pearl Coat, Mopar tonneau cover,Westin Bed rug
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Right back atcha,anybody who believes 90% of the nerws articles floating around is even more gullible. At least he's a self made millionare,unlike most reporters writing news articles who can be bought ;)
I don’t believe any of them it’s just amusing to watch and listen. But he is right. The dealers have been screwing customers for years and still is overdoing it on the dealers to make money but just how that’s happening or not happening and who is right? Who is wrong? Who knows? The court is gonna be playing with that forever. It’s not gonna be as fast as he says it is because they can throw rocks in the mud and everything else and it and never end.

CanRebel

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
I don’t believe any of them it’s just amusing to watch and listen. But he is right. The dealers have been screwing customers for years and still is overdoing it on the dealers to make money but just how that’s happening or not happening and who is right? Who is wrong? Who knows? The court is gonna be playing with that forever. It’s not gonna be as fast as he says it is because they can throw rocks in the mud and everything else and it and never end.

I'm going to guess if Stellantis claims are even remotely true.

It will be settled in few weeks/ couple months. Dealership will not cancel franchise, keep around 1k. Stellantis will move 2-3K to other big dealerships at expense of dealership, Stellantis will take bit of loss on each truck.

Happens way more than people think, just we have internet now, news spreads faster.

Couple weeks ago there was Group who owns 3 Ford Dealerships in Texas sitting on more than 8K F150's.