Stellantis US Sales Fall 21%, Rolls Out $2,000 Incentive To Stop The Bleeding

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JoshsRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L
The article is a little one-sided. I'd like to see comparisons with other manufacturers to see what the delta is in sales drop vs them. I think all the manufacturers are having more or less the same problems as interest rates are very high as are MSRPs. I keep hoping we'll see some type of big shift in the automotive landscape similar to the housing crash of 2008 but I'm not holding my breath. When a basic commuter car now costs upwards of $30k, a dramatic event has to happen to even out pricing.

Scottly

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HO 6.7 Cummins
It fails to mention that some manufacturer's still can't keep inventory on the lots, like Toyota and Honda. Wonder why that is.... Not to mention, those massive price increases that Stellantis thought they were sneaking in...People knew it and told them to eat poop.

turkeybird56

Military Vet 1976-1996 Retired US Army
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Bighorn, 4 X 4, 3.21 rear, Bright Flame Red Pearl Coat, Mopar tonneau cover,Westin Bed rug
Engine
Hemi 5.7
My neighbor just traded his 23 Lonestar for 24 Titan. Last year for Titan whole model discontinued. He wanted the 5.6L but more importantly U get a lot more safety tech in a Titan as compared to Lonestar so he traded to Nissan. Neither I nor my Nam Vet neighbor any younger and he wanted all the safety add ons.

turkeybird56

Military Vet 1976-1996 Retired US Army
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Bighorn, 4 X 4, 3.21 rear, Bright Flame Red Pearl Coat, Mopar tonneau cover,Westin Bed rug
Engine
Hemi 5.7
It fails to mention that some manufacturer's still can't keep inventory on the lots, like Toyota and Honda. Wonder why that is.... Not to mention, those massive price increases that Stellantis thought they were sneaking in...People knew it and told them to eat poop.
They got some of the 2025 SO motor trucks marked down to 50K here now. But to go from my 19 Hemi to a 2025 6 banger would be almost 30K. Lot of money for just a newer driveway princess lol.

Choupique

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins
those massive price increases that Stellantis thought they were sneaking in..

In the HD market, Ram is the highest priced truck in some comparable configurations. They played themselves. Like it or not, a whole lot of people bought ram because it was the cheapest option. They still carry the stigma of being cheap trucks and if the price doesn't reflect that, you're going to lose market share.

Docwagon1776

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2012, 2021
Engine
5.7, 6.4
The article is a little one-sided. I'd like to see comparisons with other manufacturers to see what the delta is in sales drop vs them.

I don't care enough to look at every maker, but Ford and GM haven't fallen over the same cliff. They are basically flat over the same time period. 1% increase for Ford, less than 1% increase for GM.

Stellantis has priced themselves out of the game. What's the low cost entry point now? They tried to move too many vehicles, especially Jeep, too upscale.

Tony Donato

Banned
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
Funny Ford & GM still produce a V-8, the French gave up to easily W this I6 SO,HO.
Carlos Tavares is on a mission to maximize profits. The 5.7 HEMI was dirt cheap to manufacture for them, however, they don't want to spend money on Carbon Credits. The system is broken and corrupt. The I6 Hurricane is worse for sustained power, and will be a reliability nightmare. The HEMI lifter issues are nothing compared to failed turbo chargers, intercoolers, sludge issues, and bearings. People will short trip the daylights these and fail to keep up with timely oil changes, as they usually do.

Choupique

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins
French gave up to easily W this I6 SO,HO.

They also abandoned the real Cummins engine with solid lifters and a CP3 pump for a quieter version that lasts half as long. They quit using the best engine ever put in a pickup truck to get a marginal drop in engine noise.

Go back to the regular noisy dump truck engine, ditch the 68rfe, get back to being the lowest price in the game, THEN we'd have something again.

runamuck

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 dsl
wow I dont know where they are selling all those Tundras. I almost never see one on the road around here and there are several dealers near me with a lot full of em for sale.

tjfdesmo

Reaction score
Toyota LOL. 2024 engines are still failing, per reports, and their debris explanation is a crock. Tacomas are losing both manual and auto transmissions by the bushel, and there is some sort of thing with front diffs coming apart. I bought into their "quality" myth once, long ago, and now know better.

EdGs

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
Carlos Tavares is on a mission to maximize profits. The 5.7 HEMI was dirt cheap to manufacture for them, however, they don't want to spend money on Carbon Credits. The system is broken and corrupt. The I6 Hurricane is worse for sustained power, and will be a reliability nightmare. The HEMI lifter issues are nothing compared to failed turbo chargers, intercoolers, sludge issues, and bearings. People will short trip the daylights these and fail to keep up with timely oil changes, as they usually do.
My '15 has just shy of 190k miles on it, and I still got 21 mpg on my last road trip a few weeks ago. For a 5.7 v8, that is amazing.

The I6 is a waste of time for not much gain over the hemi. The I6 has to work much harder and has more complexity than the hemi.

My hemi has power when I need it, and gets great mileage for what it is as long as I go easy on the skinny pedal, lol. I bought a hemi because I wanted a hemi.

Stellantis may come to realize the error of their ways, time will tell.

Last edited:

Sherman Bird

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
The article is a little one-sided. I'd like to see comparisons with other manufacturers to see what the delta is in sales drop vs them. I think all the manufacturers are having more or less the same problems as interest rates are very high as are MSRPs. I keep hoping we'll see some type of big shift in the automotive landscape similar to the housing crash of 2008 but I'm not holding my breath. When a basic commuter car now costs upwards of $30k, a dramatic event has to happen to even out pricing.
Interest rates aside, the manufacturers seemed to have no compunction about gouging folks on the prices of new cars when the chips were down for all of us. If they (business overlords) think the consumers have forgotten, then they are looking at the world through rose colored glasses! :) Just my thought!

NapaRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7 L
When you stop making the products your customers want to buy and raise the prices and lower the value the results are predictable. Glad I got a 19 Laramie Hemi!

Sherman Bird

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
When you stop making the products your customers want to buy and raise the prices and lower the value the results are predictable. Glad I got a 19 Laramie Hemi!
I remember the beattitude of GM as a whole back in the 70's. They thought they were too big to fail, and that they could ram poor quality down consumers' throats, and the consumer would just take it.
Weren't they awakened when the Japanese market came on like gang busters in the 80's and stole their thunder!

As if that wasn't bad enough, GM failed to make a substantial change at the CEO level until very late in the game.... 1995. They canned Stempl and brought over their Europe GM market star, a fellow named Perez, and he made those Earth shattering lower level management changes which really improved their lot. Sadly, it was too little too late. 10 or so years later, they filed bankruptcy. That screwed many retirees and those out on LTD claims. Sad. The higher ups got huge severance packages and got to keep their yachts and mansions.

And the beat goes on!