Strange thing happened. Battery disconnected)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jammer24

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
OK buddy has a 2014 ram. I disconnected the battery for a couple days to do the exhaust manifold gaskets. all went well, hooked up the battery all good. next day he tells me a messed up the truck. New-- when approaching the truck the lights flash and the doors unlock with no input on fob. new--when exiting he could pull keys open door lock manually close the door walk away, that no longer works, doors wont lock. has to do it with fob. I changed nothing. no options in the EVIC to reverse this.... should I have to go into alpha and make changes then rewrite hub??

Rado

US NAVY VETERAN
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Pentastar 3.6 V6
Following
Weird for sure

RamDiver

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
OK buddy has a 2014 ram. I disconnected the battery for a couple days to do the exhaust manifold gaskets. all went well, hooked up the battery all good. next day he tells me a messed up the truck. New-- when approaching the truck the lights flash and the doors unlock with no input on fob. new--when exiting he could pull keys open door lock manually close the door walk away, that no longer works, doors wont lock. has to do it with fob. I changed nothing. no options in the EVIC to reverse this.... should I have to go into alpha and make changes then rewrite hub??

Those sound very much like the Uconnect settings I have on my truck.

It definitely has the unlock on approach option but I'm a bit uncertain about what you're describing as missing on departure.

I'm guessing it used to automatically lock on departure, again AFAIK, another option in the settings.

I'll check the options on my truck tomorrow but I suspect you just require to review the Uconnect settings and fine tune a bit.

That's quite usual to have settings move to a default state after the battery is disconnected for any extended period.

OP
OP
Jammer24

Jammer24

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
So a follow up to the strange changes........double checked all the EVIC settings, All good. checked the uconnect and made a couple changes, didnt help. So after messing around with settings I googled the issue and found an article on a recall for sensitive key fob. Had a couple extra (new) fob cases in the tool box......swapped out and problem solved......

Odd how the day after I reconnected the battery this started

RamDiver

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
So a follow up to the strange changes........double checked all the EVIC settings, All good. checked the uconnect and made a couple changes, didnt help. So after messing around with settings I googled the issue and found an article on a recall for sensitive key fob. Had a couple extra (new) fob cases in the tool box......swapped out and problem solved......

Odd how the day after I reconnected the battery this started

How bizarre, but thanks for the update.

Was the FOB buried in a pocket when it was unlocking on approach and when it wasn't possible to lock during departure?

Is there any chance you could add a picture of the FOB and the case you installed?

The actual FOB/case or just a generic image would add lots of future value to this thread. :cool:

Thanks

GTyankee

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 ecodiesel
The system just went into a "sleep" mode, with the battery disconnected.

Don't be surprised, if there are some more crazy things that happen in the next few Ignition Cycles !!

GTyankee

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 ecodiesel
If my Passive FOB, unlocked the doors or started the Ram as i approached it, without any input from me.
I would know that someone had my Spare FOB & was screwing with me.

OOPS, i take that back, my Ram has started by itself a few times.
I was carrying things like a bag of fertilizer or bags of mulch & the pressure put against my leg, had pushed the buttons