Votes: 400 14.4%
  • Valvoline Synpower

Votes: 160 5.7%
  • Mobil 1

Votes: 997 35.8%
  • Other

Votes: 663 23.8%

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Burla

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Hemi Reg Cab 4x4
Engine
Hemi
Say... your aunt doesn't happen to be taking on any new nephews by any chance??
She might :) But her kids are already all power of attorney'd up, and not even this nephew is gonna see a dime, lol. She did it the right way, worked hard saved harder and invested hardest.

ramffml

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
Hmmm......
Here is a good Speed video showing results of VOAs of old sitting oil compared to new.

The question I have, is how long on the shelf is too long?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QeNLVUdoBU0

This is also the video showing HPL's "no foam" test that I referenced earlier. Link to the exact time where the test starts:

Burla

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Hemi Reg Cab 4x4
Engine
Hemi
Sea foam as a flush? Maybe we should consider it? I hate the guy used Lucas, lol.. 2nd vid results 3k miles. TBH I didn't think alcohol could be strong enough.

knightjp

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Sea foam as a flush? Maybe we should consider it? I hate the guy used Lucas, lol.. 2nd vid results 3k miles. TBH I didn't think alcohol could be strong enough.

I've used it as an engine oil flush. Did this just before I put in the Liquimoly Molygen. Seemed to work. Nothing bad happened. Some people have negative things to say about Seafoam being used in modern engines.

Burla

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Hemi Reg Cab 4x4
Engine
Hemi
One of the greatest nascar races just concluded, I have it in my top two when Gordon took out Kenneth in a payback move and then took the checkers at Michigan a good twenty years ago. Kyle Larsen just pulled a Cole trickle full send no lie. Chris Buscher one of the finest sort of guy left a tiny window open to the outside, absolutely zero way he thought Larsen could even fit in the lane, but larsen full send. they beat and banged to the line where it was so close the electronics had Buscher the victor, however after further review Larsen beat him to the line by .001 seconds. Unbelievable. If you have a hankering to see history, the closest race in nascar history see the rerun on fs1 tonight. I been watching racing a long time, I'm telling you the best racing is now. Back then they had hero drivers nascar can never duplicate that era, but the racing is just incredible, the true American sport is alive and well. In a few weeks Larsen will attempt history, indy 500 and coke 600 in the same day, very unlikely he would win both but if anyone can this is the kid to get er done.

Burla

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Hemi Reg Cab 4x4
Engine
Hemi
Last edited:

Burla

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Hemi Reg Cab 4x4
Engine
Hemi
I generally watch NHRA. Was outside all day yesterday, it was so nice for a rare change here on the tundra.

Those that know me aren't surprised I'm an NHRA guy.
Nothing in the world like watching a nhra drag race, especially on fireday where the drags go off at night and you get the fire coming from the pipes. If I had to choice between a nascar race and a nhra drag race, easy choice I'm going to the drags, what a spectical seeing cars with 10k pony's.

But consider this, the nascar mile and a half package race cars with only 550 HP. They might have a new rule for this year where it is even less on super speedways like daytona, 510 HP. I mean that is similar power to what we drive off the lot, lol?? It creates great racing, beating and banging and equal cars where Rivalries rule. Yesterday the villian of nascar toyota's own Denny Hamlin had the best car, and last year he took out larsen on the last lap and took the checkers. Well yesterday with 5 laps Denny was cruising to an easy win, when there was a caution, Larsen's car had fell off and he was 7-8th going into pits, he was 8th but because the caution was bush who was ahead of him he was 7th. Took 2 tires totally risky move and came out 4th, Denny still had the best car. They take off and in a revenge move Larsen dive bombs Hamlin and puts him in the sucker hole and Denny falls back out of contention. Buscher had the top covered only left a whisper of that lane open, his move was gonna block Larsen when Larsen went low just like he did with Hamlin the lap before, but that move didn't come, instead he full send it into the abyss like Cole trickle days of thunder. 4 cars cross the line within one car length and Larsen wins .001 seconds. Yes nhra is a hoot and a blast, but they simple don't have this thing nascar has with low HP cars that have to bang on each other if you want the checkers. I don't even prefer nhra on the tv, but rather in person it is unique. I haven't missed a nascar race in probably over twenty years, and arca, truck series and Xfinity races are also all great racing and stories. Racers risking death and fire but they literally have to rub each other more often then not if they want the win.

I do kinda like the 4 wide's, seams like nhra is making some moves for the good. Like seeing the girls too, lol.

CanuckRam1313

Reaction score
Ram Year
2023 Warlock SLT
Engine
I've used Seafoam for years...

I'd dump a half can in the crankcase about 500Km's before an oil change, dump a full can in the tank, and I'd siphon off a can of it via the brake booster line while someone held throttle at about 2,000rpm until the can was empty. Shut off and let sit for about 10 minutes.

Take it for a rip and would be killing mosquitos for a few miles until everything cleared out.

I'd then clean the TB and PCV valve and change the spark plugs, too. Fill er up with premium and all was great.

It's pretty remarkable stuff that works.

HEMIMANN

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 2500 Laramie Crew Cab
Engine
6.4L HEMI
I dunno, NASCAR kinda turned into hothead bumper cars for me.

I like seeing disassociated hydrogen roaring out of straight pipes at night.

Pixelating cockpit cams are pretty wild going to 330 mph in under 4 seconds. With computer control, very few engine blows these days, and even then they got Kevlar straps on em now. Also screens over fan stands . No more maiming and death from flying hot engine parts!

Burla

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Hemi Reg Cab 4x4
Engine
Hemi
I dunno, NASCAR kinda turned into hothead bumper cars for me.

I like seeing disassociated hydrogen roaring out of straight pipes at night.

Pixelating cockpit cams are pretty wild going to 330 mph in under 4 seconds. With computer control, very few engine blows these days, and even then they got Kevlar straps on em now. Also screens over fan stands . No more maiming and death from flying hot engine parts!
A couple years back there was 3 guys, I dunno something like finland or somewhere like that, took the three seats in front of me. I had bought a multi pack of ear plugs for the drags and was putting them in my ears. They looked at me and laughed, haha your soft. They had never been to the top fuel drags and we were right there stones throw from the strip. OK all the pigeon series go off whatever, here comes the funny car John force himself in the flesh taking the line. Boom roar they go off down the track, three dudes from Finland about isht their pants and jumped out of it, lol. No lie we was all laughing. Me being the gentleman country boy that I am I gave each of them some ear plugs. It was a hoot, you can not adequately describe what these cars can do, it is worse then any thunder you can ever hear, it shakes the ground, shakes you to the center of your soul. For years me and my friend always tried to bring someone new just to see the look on their faces that first funny car run. The grandstands at Sonoma catch a lot of sound, I guess maybe all of them do? I absolutely love the isht.

HEMIMANN

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 2500 Laramie Crew Cab
Engine
6.4L HEMI
A couple years back there was 3 guys, I dunno something like finland or somewhere like that, took the three seats in front of me. I had bought a multi pack of ear plugs for the drags and was putting them in my ears. They looked at me and laughed, haha your soft. They had never been to the top fuel drags and we were right there stones throw from the strip. OK all the pigeon series go off whatever, here comes the funny car John force himself in the flesh taking the line. Boom roar they go off down the track, three dudes from Finland about isht their pants and jumped out of it, lol. No lie we was all laughing. Me being the gentleman country boy that I am I gave each of them some ear plugs. It was a hoot, you can not adequately describe what these cars can do, it is worse then any thunder you can ever hear, it shakes the ground, shakes you to the center of your soul. For years me and my friend always tried to bring someone new just to see the look on their faces that first funny car run. The grandstands at Sonoma catch a lot of sound, I guess maybe all of them do? I absolutely love the isht.

Yeah but the personal danger aspect is gone
Booooo! lol

We got B.I.R. track up here. It's a wild party in the woods.