The Hemi is still available in some lines,according to Motortrend

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine

Zombie Previous-Generation Ram 1500 Classic Pickup Finally Fully Dead​

One more Hemi V-8 application bites the dust, and no Ram is available with one anymore.
Andrew BeckfordWriterManufacturerPhotographerAug 08, 2024

2020 Ram 1500 Classic Warlock
See All 11 Photos

Despite all the pageantry and spectacle of Stellantis’ “Last Call” campaign to send off the Hemi V-8 across its brands last year, the iconic V-8 didn’t actually go anywhere. While it’s true you can’t buy a new Charger or Challenger with a Hemi anymore, let alone a 2025-onward Ram 1500 pickup, the engine is still floating around in various Dodge and Ram products.

The Hemi was, for example, still hiding out under the hood of the Ram 1500 Classic. For those who don’t know what we're talking about, the Classic model is basically just the previous-generation Ram 1500 that originally came out in 2009, which Ram sells as a lower-cost alternative to the newer DT-generation model that dates back to 2018.

Even though we kind of get the idea of selling a cheaper, older model alongside the new one (it's not a new idea, and has been tried before by Chevy and Jeep, among others), we're still scratching our heads at how long the Ram 1500 Classic lasted. Past Classic-type oldies have run for maybe a model year or two; the Ram Classic has been around for years. No more; according to Car and Driver, that trend is coming to an end. An official from Ram told them that the 1500 Classic will be discontinued after the 2024 model year.
028 ram 1500 classic
See All 11 Photos

With the Classic model gone, so is any way of getting a new Ram with a Hemi V-8, as all 2025 model-year DT models are powered by the new 3.0-liter Hurricane twin-turbo I-6 or the long-serving 3.6-liter Pentastar V-6. Though, if you think the Hemi could be killed off that easily, think again.

You can also still buy a Dodge Durango with the Hemi, as well as Jeep's Grand Cherokee and Wagoneer models with one. It also is returning to the second Final Edition Wrangler 392 Rubicon—yes, that means there are two Final Editions, released consecutively. We suppose the second one is the more final of the two, but with Jeep having already reversed itself on ending production after 2024, who knows if it'll do so again next year. Either way, the Hemi V-8 is still burbling along in Stellantis' U.S. lineups, even if it's gone from some of the more visible products it's been associated with over the years. The Ram 1500 Classic is not one of those, of course, but it is finally dead.

Docwagon1776

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2012, 2021
Engine
5.7, 6.4
You can also still buy a Dodge Durango with the Hemi, as well as Jeep's Grand Cherokee and Wagoneer models with one.

Grand Cherokee L only, which sucks for what a GC is for, IMO. I kicked around the idea of a Trailhawk when they said it was the last year for the V8 but ultimately didn't want to go SUV instead of truck. The V6 isn't enough motor for how heavy the GC has gotten, again, just IMO. The best days are behind them on that model.

Durango, maybe they keep it for police sales? I think they are an also-ran with sales way behind Explorers, but some places probably still use them. I'm curious if Stellantis is going to keep the time line for fleet sales on their new charger/challenger model. I don't think we've ordered anything after getting in a ton of 2023s and 2024s.

OP
OP
W

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
Grand Cherokee L only, which sucks for what a GC is for, IMO. I kicked around the idea of a Trailhawk when they said it was the last year for the V8 but ultimately didn't want to go SUV instead of truck. The V6 isn't enough motor for how heavy the GC has gotten, again, just IMO. The best days are behind them on that model.

Durango, maybe they keep it for police sales? I think they are an also-ran with sales way behind Explorers, but some places probably still use them. I'm curious if Stellantis is going to keep the time line for fleet sales on their new charger/challenger model. I don't think we've ordered anything after getting in a ton of 2023s and 2024s.
Just for the record,i didn't write or say any of this,it's Motortrends article,lol

Docwagon1776

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2012, 2021
Engine
5.7, 6.4
Just for the record,i didn't write or say any of this,it's Motortrends article,lol

I'm aware, and they aren't wrong as much as incomplete so I was just adding to it. I got my hopes up for a second when I saw the GC listed, so went over to build and price and was disappointed to see it's still just the "L".