Think It's Totaled?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

G-Ride990

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Got t-boned today leaving work. Bummer!

Wasn't going too fast, guy ran a stop sign and smashed the side of my truck.

Felt like I was about to flip over as I was sliding sideways and eventually jumped a rather large curb. Judging by the melted rubber and marks on the dirty tires I was either bending the sidewalls real hard or it was up on two wheels for a second LOL

door, bed, cab corner are smashed and the whole bed is tweaked. Bent lower control arms on the rear axle, bent rear shock, pushed axle over, broken wheel.

Was able to drive home with the spare but I had to hold the wheel at 2oclock to drive straight. Felt sketchy, drove real slow.

Thankfully no airbag deployment.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    151.7 KB · Views: 45
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    137.6 KB · Views: 40
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    102.2 KB · Views: 37
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    186.4 KB · Views: 51
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    178.6 KB · Views: 66
  • 6.jpg
    6.jpg
    194.8 KB · Views: 50
  • 7.jpg
    7.jpg
    161.3 KB · Views: 46
  • 8.jpg
    8.jpg
    106.9 KB · Views: 47
  • 9.jpg
    9.jpg
    80.2 KB · Views: 58
  • 10.jpg
    10.jpg
    111.5 KB · Views: 37
OP
OP
G-Ride990

G-Ride990

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I am pretty dang sore right now, looks like such a small fender bender but man, that was a wild ride.

Other driver's air bags deployed and an ambulance showed up to stop the bleeding on his hands and face. His pathfinder was smoked! Ripped the whole front end off.

He was insured.

Icing on the cake, he tried to tell the police officer it was my fault because I, "slowed down?" Cop said so what if he did? LOL obviously other guy's fault.

Hurricane would be cool! Will have to see how much I get for this thing. Good news is it's been paid off for years.

OP
OP
G-Ride990

G-Ride990

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Take it easy. Break out the MacCallan pain reliever.
HAHA sounds like a good plan to me! Doing a little truck shopping online too.

I am bummed though! So many years of adding goodies to this truck. Will suck to let it go. I'll take off what I can of course. If it comes to that

jws123

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Insurance will total something with a dent Lol in all reality is it totaled? probably not will need some pulling maybe a new axle/check the frame. But will they total it? yes it will go to auction and someone else will fix it.

JHoward

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Liter
Thanks man! That is what counts, it's just a truck at the end of the day.

Good luck, and glad you're ok ... Insurance didn't total my truck with the accident I had, instead gave me a new frame and after market parts and sent me on my way.

The amount of money spent for repairs and the rental car exceeded the value of my truck, lol ...go figure.

OP
OP
G-Ride990

G-Ride990

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Good luck, and glad you're ok ... Insurance didn't total my truck with the accident I had, instead gave me a new frame and after market parts and sent me on my way.

The amount of money spent for repairs and the rental car exceeded the value of my truck, lol ...go figure.
I remember your truck, I didn't know they exceeded your value. But I remember they took forever to fix it!

How is your truck now, can you tell it was in an accident? Was the accident your fault? If not, any diminished value settlement?

I am a bit concerned how mine is going to turn out. KBB/NADA value not as high as I like. Maybe I can up that with all the receipts of recent new tires and goodies but maybe not.

Similar used trucks are quite a bit more money than my truck... Not liking the looks of this so far.

Burla

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Hemi Reg Cab 4x4
Engine
Hemi
Get back in a hemi would be my choice, too many unknown's with the hurricane imo.. That is the worst type of accidents as the human body doesnt naturally go to the right or left like that, we are built for forwards and backwards, but this type of thing can cause issues. Watch your neck in the AM, don't be proud if it is extra soar get your self to a doctor.

Having a doctor sending you to physical therapy wouldn't hurt settlement negotions either. Especially considering what that fool said, he blows a stop light and blames you, I'd milk that dude till Jesus rises again.

Good luck to ya.

JHoward

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Liter
I remember your truck, I didn't know they exceeded your value. But I remember they took forever to fix it!

How is your truck now, can you tell it was in an accident? Was the accident your fault? If not, any diminished value settlement?

I am a bit concerned how mine is going to turn out. KBB/NADA value not as high as I like. Maybe I can up that with all the receipts of recent new tires and goodies but maybe not.

Similar used trucks are quite a bit more money than my truck... Not liking the looks of this so far.

The accident I had wasn't my fault and my truck turned out ok after the repairs. Interesting as it is, NADA value of my truck was below the cost of total repairs and the rental car.

My truck drives/rides, etc. as it did when new.

I can tell that it was in an accident, cosmetically, but that is because I know my truck. No one else would know unless I told them or they knew that it had been in an accident, otherwise.

It ain't showroom perfect, anymore, at seven years old @50,000 miles and sitting on a new frame ... but, it's paid for ... probably the only real good thing.

A diminished value claim was denied by my insurance, due to the amount of the rental vehicle and parts replaced, lol. Irregardless, I can still file a claim wether they like it or not ... how far I'll get, Idk.

I cannot understand why my truck wasn't totalled. I've read here in the RAMforum's folks having less type damage than mine and their's is scrapped out and a check is on the way ...oh, well.

Again, I'm glad you are ok and hopefully all will turn out good.

Last edited:

turkeybird56

Military Vet 1976-1996 Retired US Army
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Bighorn, 4 X 4, 3.21 rear, Bright Flame Red Pearl Coat, Mopar tonneau cover,Westin Bed rug
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Got t-boned today leaving work. Bummer!

Wasn't going too fast, guy ran a stop sign and smashed the side of my truck.

Felt like I was about to flip over as I was sliding sideways and eventually jumped a rather large curb. Judging by the melted rubber and marks on the dirty tires I was either bending the sidewalls real hard or it was up on two wheels for a second LOL

door, bed, cab corner are smashed and the whole bed is tweaked. Bent lower control arms on the rear axle, bent rear shock, pushed axle over, broken wheel.

Was able to drive home with the spare but I had to hold the wheel at 2oclock to drive straight. Felt sketchy, drove real slow.

Thankfully no airbag deployment.
Suks to possibly lose the ride but Great U R OK. Those side bangs hurt, trust me I know.

Last edited:
OP
OP
G-Ride990

G-Ride990

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
The accident I had wasn't my fault and my truck turned out ok after the repairs. Interesting as it is, NADA value of my truck was below the cost of total repairs and the rental car.

My truck drives/rides, etc. as it did when new.

I can tell that it was in an accident, cosmetically, but that is because I know my truck. No one else would know unless I told them or they knew that it had been in an accident, otherwise.

It ain't showroom perfect, anymore, at seven years old @50,000 miles and sitting on a new frame ... but, it's paid for ... probably the only real good thing.

A diminished value claim was denied by my insurance, due to the amount of the rental vehicle and parts replaced, lol. Irregardless, I can still file a claim weather they like it or not ... how far I'll get, Idk.

I cannot understand why my truck wasn't totalled. I've read here in the RAMforum's folks having less type damage than mine and their's is scrapped out and a check is on the way ...oh, well.

Again, I'm glad you are ok and hopefully all will turn out good.
Thanks for your insight! Glad your truck and you are okay too!

Yeah my truck isn't perfect either but I still get compliments on it quite often. When it's clean at least haha! Been doing a bit of camping and hunting recently. Don't judge me! HAHA

I can't believe they didn't scrap it for that. I have a buddy that is member here too that had his frame replaced on his truck too. Think it was a bit older though.

Honestly wondering if my core 4x4 panhard bar bent the mounts on my frame. I am going to take a look at that this weekend. I doubt that bar bent but I am curious.

Thanks for the kind wishes! I'll be okay, not too bad of a hit compared to some of you guys here. But I will take it easy and get checked out.

RamDiver

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7

You may want to start building your case now, for what you think the truck is worth.

I had a truck written off by the insurance company years ago and they low-balled me.
I found multiple comparable vehicles on Truck Trader, sent them in, and had my payout more than doubled.

Then I bought the truck for salvage at $50, stripped all the good parts and sold it for $1200.

Glad you're feeling OK now but 2 or 3 days later, you will really know.
I'd have anything checked that's not 100%.

OP
OP
G-Ride990

G-Ride990

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
You may want to start building your case now, for what you think the truck is worth.

I had a truck written off by the insurance company years ago and they low-balled me.
I found multiple comparable vehicles on Truck Trader, sent them in, and had my payout more than doubled.

Then I bought the truck for salvage at $50, stripped all the good parts and sold it for $1200.

Glad you're feeling OK now but 2 or 3 days later, you will really know.
I'd have anything checked that's not 100%.

Yeah I think it's going to be a fight at the end of the day. I am going to argue replacement of an equal truck. Similar year and miles. Not KBB or NADA but actual replacement.