Think It's Totaled?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

turkeybird56

Military Vet 1976-1996 Retired US Army
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Bighorn, 4 X 4, 3.21 rear, Bright Flame Red Pearl Coat, Mopar tonneau cover,Westin Bed rug
Engine
Hemi 5.7
View attachment 549623

Got the deal done today, will take delivery in a couple days. They are going to tint the windows and do a typical "reconditioning" So an oil change, tire rotation blah blah blah LOL. Im going to order some Redline from Nick tomorrow morning anyway lol.

2022 crew cab, Bighorn Lonestar, Hemi, 4x4, no etorque, 28k miles.

It doesn't check every box I wanted but, it drove great and still has some time on the factory warranty. And it's not black this time around haha.

It does fit in the garage too!

I'll post some more pics when I bring it home. It has been 2 months since my accident tomorrow. Feels good to have a truck again!
GLAD U were able to find something that works for you. I absolutely luv dat color, but when I bought my 19 in Aug 2018, not available on the "brand new" 5th Gens. YUP, no E TQ for my 2019 either. Just saying, might wanna watch that battery already 3 years old and these 5th Gens suck up batteries.

I am amazed, surprised U did not come away with a 2025 Bighorn with dat Big Fancy 3.0 L inline twin turbo 6. LOL.

FTR, My son has one leased. And he just took his 1st Big trip: NJ, FL, back to NJ with side trips. He reported 21 mpg overall, said the truck ran great no issues. I had read that there are PPL having issues on these ref fuel. He has the SST SO motor, and there are reported issues ref heat and towing. SO I told him up front, not to run 87 Reg Gas, but upgrade on it and run higher Octane fuel which he did. SO guess we shall see. (He said he ran mid grade whole trip)

Last edited:
OP
OP
G-Ride990

G-Ride990

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
GLAD U were able to find something that works for you. I absolutely luv dat color, but when I bought my 19 in Aug 2018, not available on the "brand new" 5th Gens. YUP, no E TQ for my 2019 either. Just saying, might wanna watch that battery already 3 years old and these 5th Gens suck up batteries.

I am amazed, surprised U did not come away with a 2025 Bighorn with dat Big Fancy 3.0 L inline twin turbo 6. LOL.

FTR, My son has one leased. And he just took his 1st Big trip: NJ, FL, back to NJ with side trips. He reported 21 mpg overall, said the truck ran great no issues. I had read that there are PPL having issues on these ref fuel. He has the SST SO motor, and the issues ref heat and towing. SO I told him up front, not to run 87 Reg Gas, but upgrade on it and run higher Octane fuel which he did. SO guess we shall see.
I really dig the color too! I don't think I have seen this color blue on a RAM in person before. It's going to look much better when I debadge it and swap the emblems to black. Will leave some chrome on it though like my last truck. Yeah battery is probably on it's last leg, wonder if that's covered under warranty? Probably a wear item so I doubt it. Need to put an AGM in it anyway so I can put some amplifiers and speakers in it. It does have the Alpine system in it though, I have no experience with that setup yet.

You should see the bed, it doesn't have any scratches or dents and looks factory new. I walked away from a few trucks because the beds were beat to heck! I think this one was owned by an older gentleman who took really good care of it. I got it from a Buick dealer and it's right next to a retirement community, 1 previous owner and a spotless carfax.

Sadly it does have 3.21 gears like my last truck but it has an anti-spin differential which my last truck did not have.

I was considering the Hurricane but I do not want to be an early owner of a completely new engine. This may be the last RAM I ever own so I wanted to get as close to everything I wanted as I could.

The fun begins soon! Needs some bilsteins, upper control arms, exhaust, sprayed in bed liner, catch can etc... Usual Hemi fixings.

Should be taking them a check on Thursday and leaving with my truck. Crossing my fingers everything goes smoothly this time!

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
I really dig the color too! I don't think I have seen this color blue on a RAM in person before. It's going to look much better when I debadge it and swap the emblems to black. Will leave some chrome on it though like my last truck. Yeah battery is probably on it's last leg, wonder if that's covered under warranty? Probably a wear item so I doubt it. Need to put an AGM in it anyway so I can put some amplifiers and speakers in it. It does have the Alpine system in it though, I have no experience with that setup yet.

You should see the bed, it doesn't have any scratches or dents and looks factory new. I walked away from a few trucks because the beds were beat to heck! I think this one was owned by an older gentleman who took really good care of it. I got it from a Buick dealer and it's right next to a retirement community, 1 previous owner and a spotless carfax.

Sadly it does have 3.21 gears like my last truck but it has an anti-spin differential which my last truck did not have.

I was considering the Hurricane but I do not want to be an early owner of a completely new engine. This may be the last RAM I ever own so I wanted to get as close to everything I wanted as I could.

The fun begins soon! Needs some bilsteins, upper control arms, exhaust, sprayed in bed liner, catch can etc... Usual Hemi fixings.

Should be taking them a check on Thursday and leaving with my truck. Crossing my fingers everything goes smoothly this time!
Beautiful truck G. Good find.Have you ever thought about a bedrug,they make crawling in and out of the bed much nicer on the knees. My truck had the factory spray in liner,which i threw a bedrug on top of,best of both worlds.

OP
OP
G-Ride990

G-Ride990

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
20240829_164536.jpg

Smooth sailing gents.

First stop on the way home was the muffler shop to see if they could do a muffler delete for me haha! Going back Tuesday morning for that.

First impressions, feels much quicker than my old truck. Sure it has to do with smaller tires and wheels and that electric cooling fan. Definitely doesn't handle as well and feels much heavier and bigger but it's easily as quiet inside as my fully dynomatted previous truck.

Dealership put 0w-20 oil in it. Gotta get that out of there asap.

Already ordered a Kaodtech security bypass, it will need tires soon so I think I'll be ordering some bilsteins and wheels and tires in a few months.

I really dig it! I kind of felt like I was settling at first because I loved my old truck so much. But I think this one is going to be great too!

Will be posting quite a few parts in the classifieds here soon.

Thanks everyone for your support and comments on this thread. Feels great to put this mess behind me!

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
View attachment 549783

Smooth sailing gents.

First stop on the way home was the muffler shop to see if they could do a muffler delete for me haha! Going back Tuesday morning for that.

First impressions, feels much quicker than my old truck. Sure it has to do with smaller tires and wheels and that electric cooling fan. Definitely doesn't handle as well and feels much heavier and bigger but it's easily as quiet inside as my fully dynomatted previous truck.

Dealership put 0w-20 oil in it. Gotta get that out of there asap.

Already ordered a Kaodtech security bypass, it will need tires soon so I think I'll be ordering some bilsteins and wheels and tires in a few months.

I really dig it! I kind of felt like I was settling at first because I loved my old truck so much. But I think this one is going to be great too!

Will be posting quite a few parts in the classifieds here soon.

Thanks everyone for your support and comments on this thread. Feels great to put this mess behind me!
Lots of guys are claiming the gear spread on the 8HP75 is better then the gear spread on the 8HP70,and the trucks are quicker because of it.I know a few guys who are claiming their stock 5th Gens are turning better 1/4 mile numbers at the track then their old full bolt on 4th Gens were doing G

OP
OP
G-Ride990

G-Ride990

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Lots of guys are claiming the gear spread on the 8HP75 is better then the gear spread on the 8HP70,and the trucks are quicker because of it.I know a few guys who are claiming their stock 5th Gens are turning better 1/4 mile numbers at the track then their old full bolt on 4th Gens were doing G
Which transmission does my 5th gen have? Does it have a BW 44-44 too? I can tell you that the transfer case doesn't act like the BW 44-44 in my last truck did. This one takes a second to shift into 4x4 auto and the light flashes for a few seconds. My last truck was instant no matter what speed I was driving.

Underneath it looks pretty much identical to my 4th gen.

I have a ton of questions about this truck still.

First up mod on the list, I am going to get some more hose and get my 4th gen BT catch can to work on this thing hopefully this long weekend.

I can tell you that 8th gear at about 75mph feels really lazy. And this truck is reluctant to kick down without a ton of throttle input. But I had a tune and a pedal commander before.

I have been driving around a little Nissan Altima for so long, a big truck feels a bit intimidating to drive. I don't think I can give it a fair review until I have some miles behind the wheel.

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
Which transmission does my 5th gen have? Does it have a BW 44-44 too? I can tell you that the transfer case doesn't act like the BW 44-44 in my last truck did. This one takes a second to shift into 4x4 auto and the light flashes for a few seconds. My last truck was instant no matter what speed I was driving.

Underneath it looks pretty much identical to my 4th gen.

I have a ton of questions about this truck still.

First up mod on the list, I am going to get some more hose and get my 4th gen BT catch can to work on this thing hopefully this long weekend.

I can tell you that 8th gear at about 75mph feels really lazy. And this truck is reluctant to kick down without a ton of throttle input. But I had a tune and a pedal commander before.

I have been driving around a little Nissan Altima for so long, a big truck feels a bit intimidating to drive. I don't think I can give it a fair review until I have some miles behind the wheel.
My understanding is the T-case is differant,but don't quote me on that,as i haven't really dug into the 5th Gens all that much.I'm just going off the guys who are racing the trucks,and for the most part the majority of them are claiming the 5th gens to be noticably quicker then the 4th gens. I haven't actually seen a 5th gen run at our local track yet,which has suprised me,as there's lots of them on the road up here.
You have the upgraded 8HP75,which is rated for a little over 560 lb-ft,while the 4th gens used the 8HP70 which is rated for 516 lb-ft.The 75 has a better spread on the gears,in comparision to the 70.

OP
OP
G-Ride990

G-Ride990

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
My understanding is the T-case is differant,but don't quote me on that,as i haven't really dug into the 5th Gens all that much.I'm just going off the guys who are racing the trucks,and for the most part the majority of them are claiming the 5th gens to be noticably quicker then the 4th gens. I haven't actually seen a 5th gen run at our local track yet,which has suprised me,as there's lots of them on the road up here.
You have the upgraded 8HP75,which is rated for a little over 560 lb-ft,while the 4th gens used the 8HP70 which is rated for 516 lb-ft.The 75 has a better spread on the gears,in comparision to the 70.
Oh interesting, thanks for the info. My last truck had the best transmission I have ever had in a truck so I am sure this one is just as good.

Will be interesting to see if this one has that little jerking/bumping feeling and rev surge coming up to/leaving stop signs like my last one.

turkeybird56

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Bighorn, 4 X 4, 3.21 rear, Bright Flame Red Pearl Coat, Mopar tonneau cover,Westin Bed rug
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Dunno, roflmao, I neva tried to do a qtr anything since the 70's. But I can get up to 60 in 30 seconds, must be sumthin wrong with the skinny pedal, hee hee. G, you will find that 75 tranny is quicker than the 70. FTR, the Hydro Pearl Blue color is kick the booty. Enjoy hearing on the Mods U do etc and pls post pics.

turkeybird56

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Yes, the newer 48-11/48-12 BW T cases are a lil different, allegedly tougher componets and shift points coming outta tranny a lil different and better clutches in tranny.

turkeybird56

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
She's a beaut, I love that grille. Is the rear bumper touching the back wall haha?! No matter how big a garage is it's never big enough!
Depends upon your garage. Mine would fit no problem but on the Bigger Bay, I have hay stored for Hossie, so I gotta squeeze my 5th Gen into Center bay which has a workbench and cabinets back there. At a lil over 233" long, it can be a oh chit moment if U not pay attention.

NOTE: I store my stock trailer in garage. IF/WHEN truck needs to go in due to impending weather, HAIL being the most troublesome here, than trailer comes out and truck goes in.

Truck in Garage (1).JPGTruck in Garage (2).JPGall hay moved stacked new-old.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
G-Ride990

G-Ride990

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
She's a beaut, I love that grille. Is the rear bumper touching the back wall haha?! No matter how big a garage is it's never big enough!
LOL its about 2 inches away from the back wall and garage door. Really tight squeeze!

You 5th gen guys, I feel dumb for asking this but, do I really have to use the funnel that came with the truck to pour some Redline SI 1 injector cleaner in the tank? Figured I better ask before I make a huge mess messing with the capless fuel tank filler

turkeybird56

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
LOL its about 2 inches away from the back wall and garage door. Really tight squeeze!

You 5th gen guys, I feel dumb for asking this but, do I really have to use the funnel that came with the truck to pour some Redline SI 1 injector cleaner in the tank? Figured I better ask before I make a huge mess messing with the capless fuel tank filler
YES, there are "2" loaded catches on the capless system. One at the entrance and (1) a few inches down. BUT U can get away with getting like a shorter than normal tranny fluid funnel. I got a shorter one that I used with my ED to put in my Diesel Kleen. This way I kept the "funnel" that came with the truck clean, no fuel odor on it, stored with the jack or where ever yours is. But do not try say and cheat and do say a fuel can spout if U run outta fuel. U be fueling the environment and not the ride. In that case best thing to do is use the funnel came with the truck. All IMHO.

CO-Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
If they do not total it make sure their insurance company pays for the Diminished Value of the truck. Could be an additional 1k to 4k in your pocket. I had a 2011 Silverado that was rear ended and got 2800 in diminished value.