This can't be right...right?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BDWheeler13

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Hey everybody! So, a day ago I had a Superlift 4-inch lift kit with Bilstein 5100's installed by a local shop. To be specific the rear shocks are the 5125's PN 33-1865569. I've only put about 100 miles on it since and on road feels ridiculously spongy. I also noticed the rear end has a significant amount of bounce or rebound. I'm going to try to upload a video. I hope it works.

I hope I'm just being picky....

Any thoughts?

Thanks in advance!

Attachments

• DS Rear.gif
    DS Rear.gif
    1.9 MB · Views: 25

Quick_Shifter

IG: @ak_trucks_pa
Supporting Member
TOTY Winner
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
AK Trucks Tuned 5.7
Hey everybody! So, a day ago I had a Superlift 4-inch lift kit with Bilstein 5100's installed by a local shop. To be specific the rear shocks are the 5125's PN 33-1865569. I've only put about 100 miles on it since and on road feels ridiculously spongy. I also noticed the rear end has a significant amount of bounce or rebound. I'm going to try to upload a video. I hope it works.

I hope I'm just being picky....

Any thoughts?

Thanks in advance!
Video does no justice but initial guess would be they tightened bolts in the air and or they skipped steps while installing. We get a lot of Rams and most seen problems are improper installations

OP
OP
B

BDWheeler13

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I appreciate the response. I sent the video to superlift and they sent me a replacement set of 5125s and a set of their shadow series shocks. I installed the bilstein with the same result. Ridiculously bouncy very much like blown shocks although I doubt very much I'd get one bad set of brand new shocks let alone 2. I'm going to try the shadow shocks when they get here and see if there is a difference.

Thanks!

Dean2

Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 2500
Engine
Quick_Shifter is right; Take it back to the shop that did the install and make them fix it right. They obviously screwed something up. You paid them to do the lift, you shouldn't have to be fixing their poor install. How did they road test it and not notice the bounce you are?

Quick_Shifter

IG: @ak_trucks_pa
Supporting Member
TOTY Winner
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
AK Trucks Tuned 5.7
I appreciate the response. I sent the video to superlift and they sent me a replacement set of 5125s and a set of their shadow series shocks. I installed the bilstein with the same result. Ridiculously bouncy very much like blown shocks although I doubt very much I'd get one bad set of brand new shocks let alone 2. I'm going to try the shadow shocks when they get here and see if there is a difference.

Thanks!
I am happy to help answer questions if you click on my name and select start a conversation I’ll send you my phone number. And the shop that did the installation is welcome to call my shop for assistance. Texting me a few pictures that I will request can sort this out.

Dean2

Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 2500
Engine
I am happy to help answer questions if you click on my name and select start a conversation I’ll send you my phone number. And the shop that did the installation is welcome to call my shop for assistance. Texting me a few pictures that I will request can sort this out.
You are a very good man. Proud to have you on this forum!!!