This might not bode well for North America

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Docwagon1776

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2012, 2021
Engine
5.7, 6.4
I doubt it affects NA much, probably more of a Euro issue first and then maybe some South America and Asia ripples. The traditionally Italian brands under their umbrella that the PM is concerned about aren't manufactured here, and they don't sell well here. We don't care if a Fiat or Alfa Romeo is made in Italy or Brazil or Poland or China, we're not buying them regardless. The traditionally American brands aren't going to stop being made over here in favor of Italy, nobody is calling for it and the economics don't make sense.

I do enjoy the slap fight over stickers and model names being "Too Italian to be made outside of Italy" brand of nationalism, though. Can't call it a "Milano" since it's not built in Milan and consumers may be tricked by that... If I ever go back, I'll complain it's false advertising if my americano coffee wasn't made in the Americas. I figure that'll go over pretty well. :D

Scottly

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HO 6.7 Cummins
Well, they can take all the union crybabies threatening to strike right now and move them to Italy and build plants there. We'd all benefit from that.

Docwagon1776

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2012, 2021
Engine
5.7, 6.4
Well, they can take all the union crybabies threatening to strike right now and move them to Italy and build plants there. We'd all benefit from that.

Italian plants are unionized as well and facing some 10-20k job losses as Stellantis offshores, which is why the PM has been up their ass. Especially since Stellantis is crying for more incentives from the Italian gov't.

I'd think it's better for all of us if we have a strong blue collar middle class. I'll side with the "crybabies" in the US and Italy actually making the cars and keeping a manufacturing base, the underpinning of both a strong economy and national security, alive than make yet *another* record year for c-suite competition, but each to their own.

Docwagon1776

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2012, 2021
Engine
5.7, 6.4