Towing mirrors - how to tell if a truck has them???

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Neomoritate

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Interesting, as I did some research on this very subject prior to posting here. The info I found seemed to indicate it was a monumental and expensive job to switch from tow mirrors to regular power fold mirrors, there was programming involved, and plenty of parts. Looked like well over $2k, even approaching $3k.

Do you have a link showing how "They are VERY easily changed and are short money."?

Thanks
I did a mirror swap from Manual to Power folding in my 2014 1500 5.7 Crew Cab Tradesman (AFAIK all 4th gen models/trim levels/cabs have the same mirror mounts/compatibility)
I bought used Mopar Power Folding Mirrors, drivers side window switch, and door modules on eBay for about $650. I haven't sold the old parts yet, but they should net ~$300. Maybe 30 minutes of searching and watching YouTube videos. 15 minutes work per side with a screwdriver and 3 bits. "Programmed" with JScan (iPhone, use Alpha OBD for Android) $49, 2 minutes.
If you have the work done at the dealer with new parts it will cost $3-4,000
There are several threads about this, from which I got some good information and part numbers. Search "Power Folding Mirrors"

Grenadiers

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L HEMI
I have a 2019 1500 Classic. It came with Power adjust mirrors, power folding, heated mirrors, turn signal and puddle lights.

I LOVE the power folding feature and power adjust, and was pissed that Ram didn't have a set of towing mirrors with ALL of the options that my Ram mirrors came with. I could get a set of Towing Mirrors from them, as long as I was willing to give up the power folding feature ...NOT!! OH, and for more money than what I did find!

Now there are 4 types/size of mirrors (as far as I can tell) for most Ram models. There is a small mirror, low profile set (non-folding and does nothing for the Ram's look but make it look wimpy IMO). A set that has a bit larger mirror with manual fold, and again a slightly large mirror set but with power folding feature. All of those can, or may, have other features such as heated mirrors and blind spot waring, etc.

And then there is the towing set. Again the main mirror is larger then the next model down and has the addition "Blind Spot" mirror (I have REALLY grown to love that little mirror!!!). In addition, it may have most of the features above ...EXCEPT for power folding!

I needed Towing mirrors, but didn't want to give up the Power folding feature. So i used a set of snap on towing mirrors that my dealer gave to me for free when I purchased my Ram. But I can't tell you how many times that Power Folding feature has come in handy in "cramped situations", both without and with the snap on towing mirrors!

I did some searching and found a set of towing mirrors with ALL the features that my stock mirrors had on Amazon, INCLUDING the power folding!! Cost me, IIRC about $599.00 cdn (free shipping with Prime). They come in black, or with a chrome accent (mine were all black so i stuck with that choice. But if you want to add sone bling...). Just do a search on Amazon for your year/type of Ram and towing mirrors. They are made by Paragon Parts, and they make many different types of mirrors, and for less money than buying replacements from Ram (I.e. if ypu need to replace a stock set, or even just 1).

A quick search on YouTube showed that it would take me about 15 to 20 minutes per side to swap out. Hell, it took me that long for the first mirror (mostly gathering the tools I would need), the 2nd mirror took less than 15 minutes to swap out.

Yes, the towing mirrors do stick out a bit more when in the towing position, but about the same as with the snap on towing mirrors I was using until I found the mirrors on Amazon. Not to mention it gives the Ram a hell of a mean look to anyone coming from the opposite direction!!

If you do plan to do any towing, they are pretty much a "must have". And again those Blind spot mirrors are real handy to have/use with the mirrors in either position!!

Last edited:

ramffml

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
I have a 2019 1500 Classic. It came with Power adjust mirrors, power folding, heated mirrors, turn signal and puddle lights.

I LOVE the power folding feature and power adjust, and was pissed that Ram didn't have a set of towing mirrors with ALL of the options that my Ram mirrors came with. I could get a set of Towing Mirrors from them, as long as I was willing to give up the power folding feature ...NOT!! OH, and for more money than what I did find!

Now there are 4 types/size of mirrors (as far as I can tell) for most Ram models. There is a small mirror, low profile set (non-folding and does nothing for the Ram's look but make it look wimpy IMO). A set that has a bit larger mirror with manual fold, and again a slightly large mirror set but with power folding feature. All of those can, or may, have other features such as heated mirrors and blind spot waring, etc.

And then there is the towing set. Again the main mirror is larger then the next model down and has the addition "Blind Spot" mirror (I have REALLY grown to love that little mirror!!!). In addition, it may have most of the features above ...EXCEPT for power folding!

I needed Towing mirrors, but didn't want to give up the Power folding feature. So i used a set of snap on towing mirrors that my dealer gave to me for free when I purchased my Ram. But I can't tell you how many times that Power Folding feature has come in handy in "cramped situations", both without and with the snap on towing mirrors!

I did some searching and found a set of towing mirrors with ALL the features that my stock mirrors had on Amazon, INCLUDING the power folding!! Cost me, IIRC about $599.00 cdn (free shipping with Prime). They come in black, or with a chrome accent (mine were all black so i stuck with that choice. But if ylu want to add sone bling...). Just do a search on Amazon for your year/type of Ram and towing mirrors. They are made by Paragon Parts, and they make many different types of mirrors, and for less money than buying replacements from Ram (I.e. if ypu need to replace a stock set, or even just 1).

A quick search on YouTube showed that it would take me about 15 to 20 minutes per side to swap out. Hell, it took me that long for the first mirror (mostly gathering the tools I would need), the 2nd mirror took less than 15 minutes to swap out.

Yes, the towing mirrors do stick out a bit more when in the towing position, but about the same as with the snap on towing mirrors I was using until I found the mirrors on Amazon. Not to mention it gives the Ram a hell of a mean look to anyone coming from the opposite direction!!

If you do plan to do any towing, they are pretty much a "must have". And again those Blind spot mirrors are real handy to have/use with the mirrors in either position!!

Got a link? I see paragon there but don't see power folding as a feature. Do they also auto dim at night?

Grenadiers

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L HEMI
My 2024 Tow mirrors are power folding
5th gens (at least past 2020 I believe) had a Power Fold available with the towing mirrors.

And I seem to have a vague memory that there may have been a set of power folding Tow mirrors for the 4th gen, but with the chrome package. But I could be wrong on that...

Last edited:

Grenadiers

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L HEMI
Got a link? I see paragon there but don't see power folding as a feature. Do they also auto dim at night?

HERE you go...

As far as I know it does not have the auto dim. But shooting them an email may answer the question, or if they have a model set that does.

The set above are for the Gen 4, but I believe they make them for all gens and year(s).

Oh, it says for years 2010 to 2018, but it does fit the 2019 model year. Amazon also does a check for you (if you have your model saved I their system) to confirm if it will fit/work. I don't always trust that so I tend to contact the seller to be sure...

Last edited:

ramffml

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
HERE you go...

As far as I know it does not have the auto dim. But shooting them an email may answer the question, or if they have a model set that does.

The set above are for the Gen 4, but I believe they make them for all gens and year(s).

Oh, it says for years 2010 to 2018, but it does fit the 2019 model year. Amazon also does a check for you (if you have your model saved I their system) to confirm if it will fit/work. I don't always trust that so I tend to contact the seller to be sure...

All I can find are these for the 5th gens and looks like power folding is not included for us unfortunately.
https://www.amazon.ca/Paragon-Mirrors-2019-22-Excluding-Classic/dp/B07D99W7GB

Grenadiers

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L HEMI

Grenadiers

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L HEMI