TPMs Problem

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

blue ghost

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 Ram 1500 sport
Engine
hemi 5.7
My TPMS system tells me there is a problem with the system on the passenger rear wheel, it gives no readings and puts on warning light. Have replaced the sensor in the wheel and the sensor on the truck by the wheel. The warning light still comes on.

Now the fun part, every time it happens the light goes out before i can get it to the dealer. The dealer sees the codes but cannot figure out which part is the problem.

Anyone have any ideas?

tron67j

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Try switching tires first until problem returns, recommend clearing code with tool and disconnecting battery to be sure code ghost isn't still in there. If still on the passenger rear wheel it is not the tire sensor. Then switch the truck sensors with resets before and if problem resurfaces on passenger side still it is not the sensors. Then it is possibly the wiring to computer or something in the control unit itself.

RamDiver

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Shuffling the wheels and sensors is a great idea but I'm a bit lazy. :cool:

I'd first inspect all associated wiring & connectors in hopes of finding an obvious impairment before creating work for myself.

The following site may assist you in identifying the associated wiring and connectors.