Trailer Brakes Not Working

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
M

Matt Jackson

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have the '13 to '16 ram service manual in PDF, but is probably not what you need, as you converted to '20 wiring.

Have you checked all these fuses?

F53 ATR 20 amp Left Trailer lights
F81 ATR 20 amp Right Trailer lights
F29 FMM 20 amp Trailer Park lights
F28 FMM 20 amp Trailer Back up lights
F30 FMM 30 amp Direct from battery

F11 J Case 30 amp Brake Lever
F87 ATR 10 amp ITBM module
Checked all of those with the acception of f11 and f87. I will let you know on that.

OP
OP
M

Matt Jackson

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Ok so I had just about given up and actually ordered an aftermarket brake controller from Amazon. After I ordered it I decided to go through absolutely everything one last time (I prefer a factory option). Checked all the harnesses, even had the fender lining out again to inspect that.

Finally decided to go a little deeper and disconnected all of the harnesses going in the bottom of the fuse box. I was checking all the pins and noticed one didn’t look right, it had slipped back slightly. I pushed it back and it clipped in place, put everything back together and reconnected battery.

PROBLEM SOLVED!

Trailer brakes work fine now, even managed to cancel the order of the aftermarket one before it shipped.

Thanks for everyone’s input!

2003F350

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 CTD
Glad it worked out for you - sometimes those connectors can do that but it's not really all that common. Glad it was a simple fix, even though you went through a lot of work to find it.

Hardracer

Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 1500 laramie 4x4 crew cab
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Good deal...glad you found it and shared.