Transmission Failed 2020 2500 6.7L 68 RFE

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

J Gerard

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
Driving home from friends house with the wife and check engine light comes on...transmission shifting hard...seems like 4th gear and beyond is gone. Trans temp climbs to 197 F (seems high) slipping very badly.

Low line pressure...significant slipping damaged 4,5, and 6.

Truck is in the shop now to get a reman upgraded transmission... (Out of Warranty)... also deleting cooler bypass (I live and drive in FL)...and installing a transmission tune/shift kit to increase line pressure.

New OIL PUMP AND BILLET VALVE BODY REBUILT IN HOUSE TO OUR STANDARDS. THE OIL PUMP IS FLAT SANDED, COMES WITH UPDATED VALVES AND A THICKER SEPERATOR PLATE TO ELIMINATE PUMP FAILURE FROM THE PLATE CONTACTING THE PUMP GEAR. THE VALVE BODY IS FLAT SANDED, COMES WITH UPDATED VALVES, THICKER SEPERATOR PLATE, SHIFT KIT, THICKER ACCUMULATOR COVER, BILLET CHANNEL PLATE, BILLET ACCUMULATOR PISTONS AND A BRAND NEW MOPAR SOLENOID PACK. WE REPLACE ALL GASKETS, SEALS, PISTONS AND BEARINGS. ALL FRICTIONS AND STEELS ARE REPLACED WITH THE OVERDRIVE SECITON BEING UPGRADED FOR MORE HOLDING CAPACITY, FROM 12 FRICTIONS TO 16. UPGRADED INTERNAL HARD PARTS CONSIST OF A BILLET INPUT SHAFT, UPGRADED LOW/REVERSE SPRAG, INPUT CLUTCH SNAP RING RETAINER, 4C SNAP RING RETAINER. WE INSTALL A DEEP TRANSMISSION PAN, NEW LINE PRESSURE SENSOR, NEW SPEED SENSORS, NEW COOLER LINE FITTINGS. FOR THE TORQUE CONVERTER WE INSTALL A GOEREND TRIPLE DISC CONVERTER AND COUPLE IT TO THE TRANSMISSION WITH A GOEREND BILLET FLEX PLATE.

sblack33741

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6L Pentastar ETorque
Driving home from friends house with the wife and check engine light comes on...transmission shifting hard...seems like 4th gear and beyond is gone. Trans temp climbs to 197 F (seems high) slipping very badly.

Low line pressure...significant slipping damaged 4,5, and 6.

Truck is in the shop now to get a reman upgraded transmission... (Out of Warranty)... also deleting cooler bypass (I live and drive in FL)...and installing a transmission tune/shift kit to increase line pressure.

New OIL PUMP AND BILLET VALVE BODY REBUILT IN HOUSE TO OUR STANDARDS. THE OIL PUMP IS FLAT SANDED, COMES WITH UPDATED VALVES AND A THICKER SEPERATOR PLATE TO ELIMINATE PUMP FAILURE FROM THE PLATE CONTACTING THE PUMP GEAR. THE VALVE BODY IS FLAT SANDED, COMES WITH UPDATED VALVES, THICKER SEPERATOR PLATE, SHIFT KIT, THICKER ACCUMULATOR COVER, BILLET CHANNEL PLATE, BILLET ACCUMULATOR PISTONS AND A BRAND NEW MOPAR SOLENOID PACK. WE REPLACE ALL GASKETS, SEALS, PISTONS AND BEARINGS. ALL FRICTIONS AND STEELS ARE REPLACED WITH THE OVERDRIVE SECITON BEING UPGRADED FOR MORE HOLDING CAPACITY, FROM 12 FRICTIONS TO 16. UPGRADED INTERNAL HARD PARTS CONSIST OF A BILLET INPUT SHAFT, UPGRADED LOW/REVERSE SPRAG, INPUT CLUTCH SNAP RING RETAINER, 4C SNAP RING RETAINER. WE INSTALL A DEEP TRANSMISSION PAN, NEW LINE PRESSURE SENSOR, NEW SPEED SENSORS, NEW COOLER LINE FITTINGS. FOR THE TORQUE CONVERTER WE INSTALL A GOEREND TRIPLE DISC CONVERTER AND COUPLE IT TO THE TRANSMISSION WITH A GOEREND BILLET FLEX PLATE.
Truly sorry to hear that, but I wish you all the luck with the new one.

Gr8bawana

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 CTD
Would the truck be any chance be deleted and tuned?
Seems strange a trans would fail on a 2022 just because.

Gr8bawana

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 CTD
Hey OP you still there? Don't you want to tell why your trans actually took a dump?
I can take a guess judging by all the Banks crap you've installed. :superhack:

OP
OP
J Gerard

J Gerard

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
Hey OP you still there? Don't you want to tell why your trans actually took a dump?
I can take a guess judging by all the Banks crap you've installed. :superhack:
Why? I'm sure it's complex answer...to me it's just a fact. I really like my truck...I travel long distances in it often. It gets pretty good gas mileage and rides like a Cadillac. I did expect that the tranny was a weak link in this configuration and use profile. Banks makes good stuff and it gives me a reason to use my tools on the weekend. I like tinkering.

nlambert182

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
Why? I'm sure it's complex answer...to me it's just a fact. I really like my truck...I travel long distances in it often. It gets pretty good gas mileage and rides like a Cadillac. I did expect that the tranny was a weak link in this configuration and use profile. Banks makes good stuff and it gives me a reason to use my tools on the weekend. I like tinkering.
Was the truck tuned/deleted?

What kind of engine/trans tune were you running?