Truck won’t start when engine is hot only when is cooled down 4.7

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jeovanicorro

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
02 4.7 ram engine just got rebuilt and truck turns on and runs fine until i turn it off after its been at operating temperature if i let it sit for like 5 minutes and try cranking it it only spins i haven to let it cooldown and it starts back up without any problem i swapped out the fuel pump today and also got new injectors aftermarket not oem.

GTyankee

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 ecodiesel
Sounds like a Low or dead battery
Maybe even an undersized battery

OP
OP
J

jeovanicorro

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
i have the battery under warranty! so i’m heading tomorrow to my local autozone and getting it replaced it’s an AGM 65 that’s the size of the third gen rams

OP
OP
J

jeovanicorro

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
swapped the battery out and still doing the same thing also replaced my terminals i’m thinking the injectors i have are bad there not oem because the truck would start fine if i pour gas into the tb it starts back up and drives normal

3pedals

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Had similar issue on my ‘08…ended up being wires under driver side of firewall that supply power to fuel pump There was a connector with loose wires that would cause the same issue…always fired up cold, but it shut down warm wouldn’t start until after sitting for a while. Other thing to check is fuel pump relay…not sure if separate or integrated into TIPM on your 2002.

OP
OP
J

jeovanicorro

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
it was my injectors the chinese aftermarket ones bad quality i put my oem ones back on and worked fine