TRUE Engine Run & Idle hours via Torque Pro and extended PIDs

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
WY-Dave

WY-Dave

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 2500
Engine
6.7 CTD
for some others that I got PM;d the actual dear for the 6 speed
the lookup formula will put in the wording instead of numbers
Screenshot_20240808_180137_Torque[1].jpg

PA Ram

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
should not be CTD only, try the the google file download and get then all.
here is the bottom part of the Idle and the same for the run hrs
View attachment 548210
Just tried with the file, says no data for the engine Idle and run time when I select test or try to view on a display. Oh well, maybe it doesn't work with my obd2 dongle, but not worth buying a new one just to try. Everything else I've done has worked.

OP
OP
WY-Dave

WY-Dave

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 2500
Engine
6.7 CTD
Just tried with the file, says no data for the engine Idle and run time when I select test or try to view on a display. Oh well, maybe it doesn't work with my obd2 dongle, but not worth buying a new one just to try. Everything else I've done has worked.
interesting, don't know if there are any fellow members in your area with an OBDLink to test the dongle theory. There are a few setting in the "OBD2 Adapter settings" , "Disable ELM327 auto timing" and "Faster Comm." might give a try sometime.

Sorry couldn't get it running

PA Ram

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
interesting, don't know if there are any fellow members in your area with an OBDLink to test the dongle theory. There are a few setting in the "OBD2 Adapter settings" , "Disable ELM327 auto timing" and "Faster Comm." might give a try sometime.

Sorry couldn't get it running

I decided to order a obdlink mx+ . Even though mine works fine for most things I know there are a few features the mx+ has that mine doesn't. Hopefully it works

OP
OP
WY-Dave

WY-Dave

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 2500
Engine
6.7 CTD
I decided to order a obdlink mx+ . Even though mine works fine for most things I know there are a few features the mx+ has that mine doesn't. Hopefully it works
yeah, im going to step up get the + i have the older non+. At Least you are lucky that you don't need a security bypass cable

Last edited:

PA Ram

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
So got the obdlink mx + today and connected to it with my phone, then the obdlink app and torque pro app. Eng Idle and runtime loaded via your csv still does not work. Same error I got with my other obd2 reader. I tried updating the firmware on mx+ and now can't connect to it. Gave up for the night. Will factory reset it tomorrow and try again,but not hopeful to get eng Idle and run hours working. Says no data received for both when trying to test them.

DAVsam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Some of the PID codes on that list don't work on a 2018+ Cummings.