Uconnect 12.1" Radio - No Connected Services

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

richn

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
Hi,

All of my Connected Services are not working:

- Cellular is out so Assist and SOS don't work
- Can't create or save a listener profile on satellite
- Cannot save satellite presets but receiving SiriusXM signal (AM/FM presets save ok)
- Guardian not available
- No Travel Link
- Navigation thinks I'm 50 miles from my present location
- Compass is 180° off
- Can't use remote unlock or engine start

I tried a radio reset, but it did not fix the problem. The nav software was updated earlier this year.

This occurred once before in 2020, and the dealer made the necessary replacements.
Now I'm out of warranty, and the dealer says the cost for a new unit ($700), three hours of labor, programming, and tax is close to $2k.

The dealer said this was a known and ongoing issue.

Would there be any relief I can explore as a courtesy/accommodation from Ram since it's the second time the problem has occurred?
The dealer's records from 2020 are purged but said Ram would have a record of the previous warranty repair.

Has anyone else experienced the same issue and fixed it without a replacement?
Is there anyone from Ram on the forum that can assist or a number I can call to explore options further?

Thanks

Last edited:
OP
OP
R

richn

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
Contacted RamCares, and they only seem to care up to a point.
Because I bought the truck Certified Pre-Owned from a Ram dealer and I'm not the original owner, they will not cover it.
Otherwise, they would have considered covering it. However, they did cover a radio replacement when this occurred once before. And it's the same exact issue.
I got a stern, "That's our policy."

Is there another level to contact, or am I derailed by this loophole?