upgrade stereo

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Artie L

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 V-8
I have the 12 inch touchscreen with Nav. system with the Alpine speakers. Can I add more power to those speakers with an amp?

tron67j

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Yes in some instances and no in others. Best thing to do is work with a trained stereo technician to match what you have to the head unit and speakers. Nonsense spending money for a subpar unit.

Mb7640

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Yes in some instances and no in others. Best thing to do is work with a trained stereo technician to match what you have to the head unit and speakers. Nonsense spending money for a subpar unit.
You can look on crutchfield they have adapters that you may need. Im not sure if the Ram is the same as the challenger alipine system. If it is the speakers are all 2ohm and not 4 ohm which makes it a issue if you want to replace them. I was going to in my wifes 23 challenger with the alpine but decided it was not worth the hassle. The alpine does not sound good at all. My Ram has the base audio system i a month or so I will be adding a subwoofer.

skates15

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Change the speakers before adding an amp. I have the alpine speakers with my 12" nav and they are terrible. Adding an amp is not going to give you a better sound with stock speakers.

CanuckRam1313

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2023 Warlock SLT
Engine
^^^ THIS!!!!!!

If you're going to drop coin, do it with a high-end credible shop that knows the nuances of our specific systems.

Unfortunately, we have very specific proprietary CanBus logistics that require specific experienced prowess to fully harness its true capabilities with the right aftermarket components to deliver a next level audio experience.

I currently have 2100W of amped power running through a db 5-farad digital cap that feeds a pair of competition grade 10" subs (500W RMS to both) and 6 x Focal high fidelity speakers that are then balanced with the existing Alpine factory amp that feeds the Alpine center channel and two roof speakers that are then properly phased to compliment the aftermarket system in a surround sound capacity, and all tuned to synchronized audio perfection!

The result is off the charts clarity, detail, and bass!

Add to this an Odyssey H8 AGM battery and an additional 5 x 2/0 copper grounding cables throughout the vehicle for increased grounding.