Vibration damper

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

icouldahadav10

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
V10 8.0
I have a '99 Dodge Ram with the V10 8.0 l engine. After searching every nook and cranny on the web I finally found one. A vibration damper for my 2500. The problem I had was that it was just a little too big. There was no resistance when I tried to press it onto the crankshaft. It went on without having to use the installer. So I sent it back and they sent me another one. Same thing. I found this outfit in California called damper doctor. By the way I'd like to mention that several times I took the old one and was able to press it on if I had to. They sent it back and would you believe it fit like the two brand new ones that was sent me. I called him up and he said that indeed he did rebuild it and that it wasn't a brand new one.I'm giving him the benefit of the doubt but I have a feeling I've just been swindled! Am I doing something wrong trying to put this damn thing on? Before I sent it I test fitted it (the one that was to be rebuilt)and it would indeed press on with the use of the installation tool. I'm beginning to believe that he had access to one or had one in stock that was brand new.My take... I'm beginning to think the guy, with good intention, sent me a brand new one cuz he had it in stock.

Daw14

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
If you ever send another part out for work , add an identification mark . It could be a couple of dimples with a punch , anything that you can Id when you get it back.

rzr6-4

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
I just watched a video on one and he pressed in on by hand. Put everything together and ran without vibration. So is that what you are wondering? If the too-loose part will work?